Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Winning Words 3/4/09
“All the flowers of tomorrow are in the seeds of today.”
(Chinese Proverb) Yesterday’s quote was about optimism. Today, we’re reminded that the seed, which appears to be dead, has a flower locked inside. Could it be that way with an economy that seems lifeless, or a personal problem that seems to have no obvious solution? Some seeds were discovered in an ancient Egyptian pyramid. As I recall, they were planted and wheat was produced. Don’t give up. ;-) Jack

FROM A.P. IN MI: I remember you and I had this conversation years ago regarding our confirmed students then not attending church anymore. You responded with this thought. You never know when the seed will take. I have persevered many times based on that conversation. FROM JACK: I've seen it happen too many times, so I try never to give up on anyone. Someone recently said to me, "You never gave up on me." That made my day.

FROM M.V. IN MI: This is great analogy and very appropriate for the Easter season. Thanks!

FROM CLASSMATE, P.B.: I"ve always liked that idea, Jack - - I think it has something to say regarding the Resurrection.

FROM MOLINER LIZ: Stocks are at bargain basement prices. Time to buy. It's during times likes these that the smart shopper can make "winning" investments. Today's seeds grow into tomorrow's profits. JACK'S REPLY: There's a problem. Sometimes I can't tell the seeds of a weed from the seeds of a flower.

FROM M.F. IN MI: I really liked this one.

FROM MOLINER C.F.: The seeds won't sprout unless watered. In this case the water has to be faith.

FROM P.H. IN MN: how true, how true... FROM JACK: I'm sure you have stories of people that you've never given up on, as do I...but God's stories are better than ours.

FROM CJL IN OH: We can't, if the faith means anything...

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: One of my favorite songs..."In a bulb there is a flower, in a seed an apple tree, in cocoons a hidden promise, butterflies will soon be free"......

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: You are correct pastor: “The seeds of today are not being planted deep enough and allowed time to grow; we are seeking shallow, impatient, unsustainable, dare I say—insane solutions for the economy. Americans and the pied pipers in DC are trying to reap where they have not sown.” BTW my book Good Debt, Bad Debt is the featured book at Columbus Metropolitan Library for National Consumer Protection Week. JACK'S REPLY: I'm reminded of the little boy who was given a seed to plant, and he was told to expect a flower. Nothing seemed to sprout. Come to find out, each night he was digging up the seed to see how it was doing. Sometimes we are not patient enough to let things germinate and grow in God's good time.

No comments: