Thursday, March 12, 2009

Winning Words 3/12/09
“When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live in such a way that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.”
(Native American Proverb) What happens after death has always been a mystery, with many people giving opinions. A biography is not a mystery, although Paul Harvey became popular for telling, “The Rest Of The Story.” We all know people who have a rest of the story, don’t we? ;-) Jack


FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: Absolute pure freedom...in all sense of the word! Heavenly!!!

FROM J.C. IN HONG KONG: Good day!

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: Great proverb. At our house when a baby was born, it was like the Elvis song "In the Ghetto"" ...if there's one thing the world don't need is another hungry little mouth to feed--in the ghetto--and his moma cried..." In 1963 I was 7 the best meal of the day was the free lunch at school, JFK was shot and my brother the fifth child was born and it felt like my moma cried.. a lot that year. But without all that I couldn't be living the great life I have now. God has given my life such sweeping brush strokes and contrasts. Each year He pulls me back a little so I can see a little more of the picture. I don't know the rest of the story, yet. But I like what God has shown me so far.

FROM L.K. IN OHIO: yet another good one! GO BLUE! Beat Iowa! MORE: Paul Harvey always had a "page 2"!........I have finally learned (and am glad for it) that God is dependable with a page 3.......I like being tuned in to that special page, whatever page 2 happens to be.....

FROM MOLINER C.F.: I'm afraid nobody knows "The rest of the story." And the ending comes all to soon. Or does it? FROM JACK: The Shadow knows. "I have a little shadow that goes in and out with me, et."

FROM M.T. IN PA: That's a great one, Jack!! Enjoy the day.

FROM B.S. NEAR ORLANDO: a part of the problem is now most of those people you helped are now home with our father in heaven, If we could handle the cold, returning to the land that nurtured us may find only the children of those whose lives we crossed daily, and only a few of them will remember our fidelity. If our children chose to think about current affairs, others children may also. Thank goodness for the safety net of the church.and some old friends. We must remain active.

No comments: