Monday, September 08, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 9/8/08
“A truth that’s told with wrong intent beats all the lies you can invent.”
(Andrew Root’s father) Andrew’s father told him that it’s wrong to rearrange the truth to suit one’s particular situation. If there are times when telling the truth is not telling the truth, are there also situations when rearranging a lie is not lying? ;-) Jack

FROM PR J.S. IN MI: Ah! The magic word reappears...."situations" REPLY FROM JACK: I could have used occasions or circumstances, but then you probably wouldn't have responded.

FROM J.L. IN MI: Situations are critical...but I know sometimes it's so much easier to tell a "half-truth) especially when the person you are talking too doesn't want to hear the truth. But, lies always backfire...sooner or later they will out. I would love to hear one full day of nothing but the truth. Jim Carey did a movie about the truth...and sometimes truth isn't so nice to hear....but lies are always always bad news.
PS I didn't tell you the truth...but not intentionally. I did watch the full coverage of the GOP convention..or at least as much as I could. I kept switching channels. Very interesting.

FROM MOLINER C.F.: I prefer, "If you can't tell the truth, don't say anything."

FROM INDY G.G.: ohh...good question, professor....one to ponder.

FROM L.K. IN OH: How appropo on all sides!

FROM P.O. IN MI: Omigosh --- do you actually try to make me crazy or am I just prone to craziness?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think this quote is true--must be why a person who is very close can hurt someone so much, truth plus knowing another's intent to hurt can cut a person in two and take a long while to heal. Actually today's quote, Pastor Freed, is making my mind feel like a pretzel. Thanks anyway--always look forward to what turns up in your morning's Winning Words.
Sharon