Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 9/10/08
“By forgetting the past and by throwing myself into other interest, I forget to worry.”
(The Manassa Mauler) Do you have a secret way to put worry aside? I have a feeling that it’s a difficult thing to do, but as M.M. says. It’s not impossible. His story, before he became famous, is really interesting. The old poops will know the source of the quote, and the really smart cookies will know where Manassa is. ;-) Jack

FROM CWR IN B'MORE" I must be a child because I don't remember the source of the quote, but isn't Manassa in Colorado?

FROM DAZ IN CO: It's a long way from Manassas to Masassa. I know more about the former than the later even though Manassa is in Colorado (I looked it up)

FROM J.L. IN MI: What me worry? Nope...doesn't happen. I'm not a worrier and if something does happen to sneak in, I just go to my imagery place where I sit and rock in my rocking chair with my husband at our imaginery lake home or cottage. I don't know who the Mauler was but I believe Manassa is in Colorado.

FROM MOLINER LIZ: Good morning. I gotta try this! I am neither an old poop nor a smart cookie (apparently) so I give up. Who's the source of this?

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: Work Whippeth Worry
If worry is a sin, then I am a sinner
If worked more I’d be thinner
I got to go, I’m late for dinner

FROM PR J.S. IN MI: For me the Manassa Mauler was always Jack Dempsey. But, do you know who the "East Moline Kid" was?

FROM T.S. IN MI: I figure I'm an old poop - but this one gets by me. Who is the Manassa Mauler? REPLY: Jack Dempsey, the prize fighter, who was from Manassa, Colorado

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't have a secret way to diminish worry--but I look forward to learning some tricks from others

Anonymous said...

I think my trick, which I learned from others allowing me to learn this trick, is confession. Once I learned to get stuff off of my chest with someone whom I really trusted, I found I can always get on with life better than before. Talking to God and talking to people is my main thing. Sometimes talking to people who have died. I, in turn, try to be a trusted person for other people should they need me to talk to.
Sharon