Thursday, July 17, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 7/17/08
“The trick is growing up without growing old.”
(Casey Stengel) “The Old Perfessor,” as he was known among baseball writers, never seemed to grow old. At least his quotes always seemed new and refreshing. Do you have a secret for growing up without growing old? I try to hang out with those younger than I am, and listen to what they have to say. I even let my grandchildren listen to their radio stations when they’re in the car with me. BTW, I’ll be off-line for a week. ;-) Jack


FROM B.D. IN MI: My trick is never growing up mentally, my wife tell me I act like I'm 18 years old when I drive and most other things. It sure is hard doing some of those thing I use to do when I was 18. I'm still up to teaching you how to performance drive better then you do now !!!!!!

FROM J.L. IN MI: I'm not sure what happened, but when I looked in the mirror this morning, I saw a lady I didn't know very well. The one who looked in the mirror acts and feels 29 but the lady looking back didn't look 29. It's in the way you think of aging that dictates how you act as opposed to how you look. Keep thinking young! I listen to my grandson's music too....mostly Veggie Tales and VBS music CD's from VBS past. And Josh loves musicals...especially High School Musical, Singing in the Rain, Joseph & His Amazing Coat, etc. He has a lot of sound tracks and we listen to those too.

FROM M.L. IN IL: working with pre-schoolers has been my eternal fountain of youth. three to six years olds have youth to spare and share! have a great week!

FROM MOLINER C.F.: The secret to not growing old as you grow up is to not grow up. Keep the "kid" with you at all times.

FROM B.S. NEAR ORLANDO: a gent and his group search for the fountain of Youth once before. Unfortunately he spread chicken pox, measels, whooping cough and other deadly problems to the unsuspecting natives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The young person whom I am closest to is my daughter. There's a lot of stuff she says that I'm listening to and actually I find that she is driving me back into the Bible to understand more clearly where both of us are coming from--some of my old-established ideas are--not exactly being cast off--but are being refired and refined and growing me some more in understanding God.
Have a great week, Pastor Freed. I pray for travelling mercies for you and Mary, if you are driving/flying somewhere.
Peace,
Sharon