Friday, March 07, 2008

Winning Words 3/7/08
“When one has much to put into them, a day has a hundred pockets.”
(Nietzsche) Somehow, I never expected words such as these from Friedrich. They’re really good.
We have so many blessings. Are a hundred pockets enough for you? ;-) Jack

FROM P.O. IN MICHIGAN: Not nearly!

FROM MOLINER, G.S.: Not nearly enough if I'm counting God's daily blessings to me.

FROM G.G. IN INDY: Good Morning.......I checked the blog so I know you sent some "pockets" winning words , but I didn't receive them in my email. Thought I'd let you know.
I hope your pockets are completely full by the end of the day

FROM MOLINER, C.F.: Beware of pickpockets!

FROM F.M. IN WISCONSIN: No, I am satisfied with three or four pockets - that's enough for a day! JACK'S RESPONSE: ....but God is sending so much your way. Do you remember Perry Como's song...
For when your troubles startn multiplyin, An' they just might! Its easy to forget them without tryin, With just a pocketful of starlight! Catch a falling star an ( Catch a falling . . . ) put it in your pocket, Never let it fade away! ( Never let it fade away! ) Catch a falling star an put it in your pocket, Save it for a rainy day!

FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: Blessings rain down...I don't need pockets, I need buckets, pails, boats and floats!

FROM B.S. NEAR ORLANDO: Les Zacaris was a blind student who also lived in the Y. He ended up getting a dble major. He often quoted Nietzsche

FROM J.O. IN MICHIGAN: That message is deep. I'll have to meditate on it...




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought Nietzsche was such a pessimistic person. All I want is to be in back of you in the communion line so in case the bread runs out I'll know you have yours and maybe I can beg a crumb from you. Still remember your recounting of the dream of being in a Catholic Church and having to bring your own bread in your pocket.
Optimistically,
Sharon