Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 3/12/08
“Worry looks ahead. Sorry looks behind. Faith looks up.”
(sent by Pat H.) In which direction are your eyes pointed today? I’ve found that the best way is the upward way, even though there are times when I try to look too far ahead. ;-) Jack
Looking behind….The six virtues not named….Charity, Chastity, Temperance, Diligence, Kindness, and Humility. Thanks for your Patience!


FROM PR J.S. IN MICHIGAN: When you look through the eyes of faith, looking ahead and looking behind become important and much easier to do. It allows you to have knowledge of the past and hope for the future.
FROM JACK: We used to sing this song at Bible Camp.
"I look not back--God knows the fruitless efforts,
The wasted hours, the sinning and regrets;
I leave them all with Him who blots the record,
And graciously forgives, and then forgets.
I look not forward--God sees all the future,
The road that, short or long, will lead me home;
And He will face with me its every trial,
And bear for me the burden that may come.
I look not around me--then would fears assail me,
So wild the tumult of life's restless seas;
So dark the world, so filled with war and evil,
So vain the hope of comfort and of ease.
I look not inward--that would make me wretched,
For I have naught on which to stay my trust;
Nothing I see but failures and shortcomings,
And weak endeavours crumbling into dust.
But I look up--into the face of Jesus!
For there my heart can rest, my fears are stilled;
And there is joy, and love, and light for darkness,
And perfect peace, and every hope fulfilled."


FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: Well, I'm not a worrier at all and sometimes I can't forgive myself even though I know God does, but I always look up!!!

FROM J.T. IN MICHIGAN: I keep trying to look up - and not worry. Some days it is easier than others.

FROM MOLINER, L.P.: Your words really hit home again today. I am a world class worrier. Apparently I'm also a better person than I realized-- I'll work on that patience part, but I hope it doesn't take too long! Thanks for your encouraging words. They're a great way to start the day, to quote (if I recall)Kellogg's corn flakes...

FROM MOLINER, J.T.: There are times when looking up is difficult. No date as to my son (Mike) and his brain surgery. Should have the date set this week. My grandson (Jimmy) is at his base in Bagdad. This is a tough period for us all and especially for his wife and two daughters. Our prayers are loud and often.

FROM B.S. NEAR ORLANDO: BUT please look down once in awhile so you don't stumble, especially, if in your life you are walking a tight rope.



No comments: