Thursday, January 31, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 1/31/08
“When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.”
(Abraham Heschel) Don’t be taken in by those who are glib. Look around for those who are doing kind things. A word of appreciation, or a note of thanks would be a nice thing to do. ;-) Jack


FROM B.D. IN MICHIGAN: Who said you were old ??????? Funny when I was 10 I though 60 was old, I feel young, I just can't do some of the thing I use to do as well as I use to do them. I'm sure you feel the same way !!!!!!!!!

FROM S.H. IN MICHIGAN: So do these Winning Words of the book of Hebrews. Moses must have been a very, very, very kind man. And I think I understand from this scripture that it was Christ who made him so. Everything on the computer today seems to be God with us.

MORE FROM S.H.: Here's a quote from Henri Nouwen. It seems to relate to today's WWs. "At first sight, joy seems to be connected with being different. When you receive a compliment or win an award, you experience the joy of not being the same as others. You are faster, smarter, more beautiful, and it is that difference that brings you joy. But such joy is very temporary. True joy is hidden where we are the same as other people: fragile and mortal. It is the joy of belonging to the human race. It is the joy of being with others as a friend, a companion, a fellow traveler."

FROM L.K. IN OHIO: At times clever people appear to be kind; kind people rarely appear to be clever...but they may, in fact, be so.....what do you think?

FROM MOLINER, L.P.: Good Morning. Not only is my dad clever, he's kind. I like to think I am, too.

FROM B.S. NEAR ORLANDO: Right on!!!!!, We have a friend who contributes emensely to our well being, and when he leaves our life is a bit easier to manage. Thank the Good Lord for empathy. Our grandaughter does the same, ecept she doesn't stay long enuf when she comes. But I am not complaining, every little bit helps.

No comments: