Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 1/23/08
“There are times in politics when you must be on the right side and lose.”
(John K. Galbraith) In these troubled economic times, it would be good to have a Galbraith around again. In politics or sports, I hate to lose, but I’d rather be on the right side, win or lose. Adlai Stevenson put it this way: “There are worse things than losing an election. The worst thing is to lose one’s convictions and not tell the people the truth.” ;-) Jack


FROM MOLINER, C.F.: EVERYBODY in politics thinks they are on the right side.

FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: Regarding political choice there's enough evidence that "democracy" doesn't always work.

FROM P.O. IN MICHIGAN: I haven't seen anyone willing to do this in a long time.

FROM J.T. IN MICHIGAN: I would love to have Adlai Stevenson around this year! Choices would be easier.

FROM CJL IN OHIO: Stevenson was right. He's a good person to remember what he said.

FROM L.K. IN OHIO: I think the LORD very much cares. Imperfections and all, I just wish there weren't so many losers throughout the world. God's vision of fairness eludes me. Too many losers and more than enough winners.....not good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes. We must be less afraid of losing and more afraid of losing our moral compass and being able to stand in the congregation.