Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 1/15/08
“We have to fight them daily, like fleas, those many small worries about the morrow, for they sap our energies.”
(Etty Hillesum) Etty kept a diary during the Nazi occupation of the Netherlands. She and her parents were sent to Auschwitz in 1943, where they died. Her fleas are not our fleas, but we all have daily battles. May God give you the strength and fortitude to overcome them. ;-) Jack


FROM J.O. IN MICHIGAN: I am learning each day about how important it is for us to manage those fleas. If we fail, those tiny creatures can ruin our lives! Let us stay strong in the fight!

FROM F.M. IN WISCONSIN: A great winning word for the day - the only word I'd add is that many of those 'fleas' that sap our energy are worries of our own devising . . . if we had more faith, greater trust, and deeper convictions in our beliefs, there would be fewer 'fleas' to pester us. "Lord, I believe, remove my unbelief, which causes me to worry needlessly!

FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: We all do have our pesky fleas....thank you for asking God's help in gaining the strength to overcome them! Some bite worse than others, but are just as bad! God's warmest blessings to you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually maybe Etty's fleas are also some of the fleas that are trying to make me scratch too as I always wonder what God is doing now in this world to continue taking care of his Jewish children and whom I should be voting for who will actually work to enable God's Plan for Israel and Palestine also. The question of our politics is a daily battle.