Thursday, July 05, 2018

Jack’s Winning Words 7/5/18
“Sometimes I just want someone to hug me and say, I know it’s hard.  You’re going to be okay.  Here’s a chocolate and 5 million dollars.”  (Unknown)  Often when a child gets a bump or a scrape Mommie will kiss it, and it will be all better.  As we become adults life’s owies are harder to cure.  Money might solve some problems…some TLC…A friend who will listen can help, too.  There are hurting people out there today.  Let’s see what we can do to help!    ;-)  Jack

FROM EDUCATOR PAUL:  Wisdom displayed again!===JACK:  Common sense!

FROM JT IN SJ:  I'll send you a hug.  Just ask me.  and a chocolate will be OK too.  I don't happen to have 5 million dollars.  Would a dollar help?===JACK:  It's a deal.  I'll take it!

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  i find that most people seem to be “all talk.” social media is rife w/those prevent suicide memes that say “i am there there for you...” but in actuality, they couldn’t be bothered.===JACK:  Most of my friends are the face-to-face kind, although I do appreciate the social media ones, too.  E-mail hugs and kisses (Hershey's) aren't the same.  Getting 5 million?  I'm not holding my breath.

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  good words, Jack.  thanks.===JACK:  A pastor friend of mine asked a shut-in if their was anything he could do for her.  "I'd like to have recite the 23rd Psalm for me."  He had brain freeze and couldn't remember how the Psalm started.  Seeing a Bible on the table said, " I think that it might have more meaning for us if I read it from your Bible."  She was pleased that he was so thoughtful.===SP:  smooth move, preacher man!===JACK:  We each have our moment and our stories...and there's no one smoother than the King of Smooth, PLH.

FROM LBP:  You have a serious message but I laughed at the quote. Helping out of a bind is one thing, 5M is gonna bring a whole new variety of ‘troubles’===JACK:  "If I win the lottery..." Have you ever bought a lottery ticket?   I would guess that you haven't.===;BP:  Actually, I have. I very rarely do, but sometimes I get caught in the crazy allure of a big jackpot. Have you?===JACK: The odds of winning the Mega Millions Jackpot arw 259 million to 1.  I can't even win at 1 out of 10. ===LBP:  Awe, come now. On average you will win at 1 out of 10, 10%  of the time, provided the play is fair. Odds of “winning” if you never play are zero. But sometimes I’m ok with those odds too===JACK  Ooops.  Odds are a specialty with a stats person.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  One day at a time! Always do your best and God will do the rest!===JACK:  That seems to be your mantra...and it's a good one, too!===SHIRL:  What you are is God’s gift to you. What you become is your gift to God!===JACK:  ...and another good one. ===SHIRL:  Did you see the wonderful show on the mall last night! I like it all-especially Jimmy buffet and The Beach Boys!===JACK:  Yes, I saw them.  Some relatives of mine saw Buffet live at Target Field in Minneapolis last week.  I think it's time to rename the Beach Boys and call then the Beach Fogies, but they're still good.===SHIRL:  I guess we saw Buffet in key West which is very apropos and our twins were Beach boy fans and still have many records in my house!===JACK: I have a Beach Roys CD, too.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  I think it was Mark Twain who observed, "I'd rather have 100 friends than money; If ever needed, they'd all be wiling to send a buck!" (paraphrased)  I see you have at least one friend who offered a buck! :-) Millions are beyond most of us, but a kind word, helping hand, a meal, flowers,  driver  when needed (that's been a need of mine with this broken wing!) etc. Are ways we can all show we care. God bless the many kind-hearted who do so!===JACK:  Are you good for a buck, too?  I offer prayers for your healing from that fall.  What's that worth?===OAKS:  That dear Jack is priceless!!! And I'm in for a buck whenever!===JACK:  If it were you in need, it would be worth at least a Jackson...or more.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  A friendly smile or a little compliment helps tremendously.===JACK:  The "out of the blue" notes of appreciation are especially meaningful.  Try that with your pastor...or your husband.===JUDY:  Great idea!!!===JACK:  Ideas really work when they're put into action.


No comments: