Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 6/14/17
“You can’t prove you’re an American by waving Old Glory.”  (Helen Gahagan Douglas)  It has been a sign of patriotism that politicians wear an American flag pin.  Personally, I look at the causes a politician supports (or doesn’t support) to determine my vote.  I remember a church member who would always wear a gold cross in his lapel, but, more importantly, he lived the teachings of Jesus.  I like to see flags waving, but I like real patriotism even more.    ;-)  Jack

FROM COMMERCE LOU:  Happy Flag Day, Pastor!====JACK:  Oh, say, can you see...that Old Glory is waving from our house today?

FROM TRIHARDER:  Absolutely! Or how honest one is by proclaiming religious devotion to Gd.
====JACK:  It's sad when a symbol, such as Old Glory, is used for personal gain.  More than sad...it disgusts me.

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  those flag pins (& their requisite wearing) is silly.====JACK:  There's lots of silliness in this world today.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  What is a real patriot?====JACK:  As with beauty, the definition is in the eye of the beholder.

No comments: