Thursday, June 01, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 6/1/17
“Change your thoughts and you change your world.”  (Norman Vincent Peale)  Peale is famous for his book, The Power of Positive Thinking.  Maybe it works; maybe not, but the fact remains that the way we look at a situation can turn it into a positive or a negative.  I try to find the good in a happening, in spite of the bad.  My thoughts affect my world.  Even when faced with the bad…what can be done to make it better?  Does that make me a Pollyanna?    ;-)  Jack

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  btw, what is the origin of that word?====JACK:   Do you mean, Pollyanna?  A children's series called, The Glad Books, featured Pollyanna, a little girl who always looked on the optimistic side of things.  A "Pollyanna" came to be known as someone who always looked on the bright side of life.====SP:  thank you.  i must have missed that story somewhere along the line tho i did know the general use of the term pollyanna.====JACK:  Some see P as a negative name.  Those people are called, Negative Nellies,====PAUL:  or Donny Downer or Pouty Pauly:):):) ====JACK:  Have you ever been a Pouty Pastor?  I remember one who told the Church Budget Committee that his wife would be mad if he went home and told her that he wasn't getting a raise.

FROM PEPPERMINT MARY:  Dear Pollyanna,   Today is the first day of the rest of your life. I choose to make the best of mine.   Love, Pollyanna====JACK:  It seems as though there's more than one Pollyanna in the world.====MARY:  We can only hope. I think we should all get together and play the "glad game ".====JACK:  I think that it would be fun (and a learning experience) to spend a day at the Peppermint School.

FROM INDY GENIE: Yes, I think that makes you a Pollyanna. In my book, that's a good thing. :) I love the "glad game"!====JACK:  "I'm glad...that we're still in touch after so many years!"

FROM LH:  So many of your ‘winning words’ help bolster me during this transitional and hectic time in my life.  Bless you!====JACK:  Josh Groban sings this song:  (I think it's about God)

When I am down and, oh, my soul, so weary;
When troubles come and my heart burdened be;
Then I am still and wait here in the silence,
Until you come and sit awhile with me.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up to more than I can be.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up to more than I can be.

There is no life - no life without its hunger;
Each restless heart beats so imperfectly;
But when you come and I am filled with wonder,
Sometimes, I think I glimpse eternity.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up to more than I can be.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up to more than I can be.

You raise me up to more than I can be.
====L:  Thank you.  I’ll try to remember these words.  Think He was with me again today, because the several frustrations I encountered didn’t get me down.  My goals for the day aren’t necessarily His goals.====JACK:  He'll raise you up to walk on stormy seas!


No comments: