Thursday, July 21, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 7/21/16
“We can learn much from wise words, little from wisecracks, and less from wise guys.”  (William Arthur Ward)  One of my favorite Bible books is Proverbs which is meant to be a book of instructions for living a life pleasing to God.  It expresses Biblical values, morals and right conduct…wise sayings, often with hidden messages.  If it’s been a long time since you’ve read from the Bible, you might restart by scanning Proverbs.  You can even Google it.    ;-)  Jack

  FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Proverbs is such a good book!  I used to read it up the kids all the time.  I still do read it myself.  We could all use a few wise words:  big or small!!====JACK:  I like to read Proverbs in modern translations in order to "dig" into the meaning.

FROM TARMART REV:  Good words of wisdom this morning, both Jack's Winning Words and the Book of Proverbs.====JACK:  The 1st..Wise Words; the 2nd..A wise guy.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  I read something  yesterday that made me laugh..."All pro athletes are bilingual. They know English and profanity." (Gordie Howe, hockey great, in Sports Illustrated.) I guess it might qualify as a wisecrack?  "Life's Little Instruction Book" by H.Jackson Brown, follows up on the book of Proverbs.====JACK:  Gordie is a real favorite in Detroit.  They're even going to name the new bridge that will go from Detroit to Windsor (Canada), the Gordie Howe Bridge.  Howe was from Saskatchewan and played most of his career in Detroit.

No comments: