Friday, January 09, 2015

Jack’s Winning Words 1/9/15
“Can the power of positive thinking change your life?  (Brandpoint)  This headline, above an article on positive thinking, captured my attention.  “Brandpoint” is a company that develops content for other companies , like McDonalds, Ford, Target, Microsoft.  The article stated  that positive people are more apt to find success, good health and happiness, because attitudes affect life.  Gandhi said, “What you think, you become.”  What do you think?    ;-)  Jack 

FROM HONEST JOHN:  I think positively.   It helps.   It is not my philosophy of life because it fails to take cognizance of the power of sin.   The biblical perspective is much wider.====JACK:  It's easier to think positively when things are going your way.  It's rises to another level when negative events happen in one's life.  That's when positivity is really needed.  I wonder how Robert Schuller is handling that battle?  I wish that he were able to write a book about it.====JOHN:  It is hard to think positively when you are on the cross.   Hence. My God my God why hast thou forsaken me?====JACK:  "Into your hands...." seems to be a positive.

FROM RS IN TEXAS:  Reminds me of a story about two friends playing golf.  Bill hits his shot in the water and says, "Darn - I knew I was going to do that."  His friend Joe says, "You need to be more positive."   Bill says, "OK - I'm positive I was going to do that."   My wife, who is a counselor, will agree 100% about how attitude affects your life.  Went to a luncheon yesterday, and one statement the speaker (a former NFL player and Navy Seal)  said was "I never have a bad day.  I have hard days, but never bad days."   Thought that was pretty good.====JACK:  Words by Gandhi and by a former football player/Navy Seal...same idea.

FROM LS:  Good morning - YES to  positive attitude - I am searching for a new career challenge and looked into Brandpoint after reading your email this am.   My work is long term care consulting .  Through the eyes of my clients and listening to their voices as the words reflect their life's lived I take in the meaning for myself to be paid forward .  I see the world in all it's miracles as a positive place. Thank you for introducing me to Brandpoint and reminding me of a miracle - everything will be delivered to you in time when you believe - and I do - testimony this am:  God Bless your work .  Over the years your directed words have touched me just when I needed the message to take in and pay forward. Every morning after I give thanks for the day I look for your message.    ( btw I am raising four beautiful daughters - and for me parenting is a lifetime continuum.  Your messages guide my day -I do not read my horoscope.  I read your words and find meaningful direction each day). Perhaps one day we can meet again in person- I would love to work w you as you foster positive attitude w your words.====JACK:  Sometimes I need to be reminded that people do read Winning Words and take them to heart.  As I sit at the computer each morning, it can become an automatic thing to hit the "send" key.

FROM RI IN BOSTON:  Finding WW every morning is always a treat as I start my day.  So my thanks to you...I'm looking forward to another year of your insights.

3 comments:

SBP said...


Yes! Positive thinking can change your life and strengthen it as we age, Especially, as I age and deal with the complexities and difficulties of living. It's a necessity to think positively and be happy, and laugh as I am living out God's plan.
Re Dr. Schuller. In the process of decluttering, many, many eagles and replicas of statuary in the gardens at the Crystal Cathedral are being carefully wrapped , ready for donation. Some things remain in sight as constant reminders. And I feel certain he sees positive in the recent negatives. I do.
Thank you for WW. They are a daily stimulus/ai for thinking...on both sides of the thoughts presented.

SBP said...

Not "ai". It's "i", right? Amo, amos, amat, amicus amici amicant?

SBP said...

Miss Johnson's Latin class at Central.