Friday, July 25, 2014

Jack’s Winning Words 7/25/14
“If you’re tired of starting over, stop giving up.”  (Seen in a Hallmark store)  I like to browse in Hallmark stores.  Some good Winning Words can be found there.  Another saying that relates to this one is by J.K. Rowling:  “Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”  Martin Luther, at a crossroad in his life, said, “God help me; I can do no other.”  That’s the start of truly rebuilding a life.    ;-)  Jack

FROM TL IN HOUSTON:  This will be today's mantra for my sales team. Jack, I don't tell you enough how much your Words inspire me. THANK YOU for bringing more order to LIFE!  I thank God that our paths crossed 18 years ago.====JACK:  Being a pastor is like being in sales, too.  It's easier for me, sometimes, because of the product I have to sell.  Regardless, all sales persons, including the clergy, need a pep talk from time to time.

FROM IKE AT THE MIC:  At the risk of sounding boastful, I've decided to start a booklet titled "Ike isms", the intent is to add a "spin" on select sayings, in this case I thought that there are 3R's that can  be helpful in facing certain challenges in life:  Rethink, Reframe & Recalculate..====JACK:  You can make it the 4 Rs, by adding Relax.

FROM TARMART REV:  Good thoughts to ponder today, Rev. Freed.====JACK:  Maybe you can do your pondering at the Ponder-osa Steak House.

No comments: