Tuesday, May 08, 2012


Winning Words 5/8/12
“Teaching is the profession that teaches all other professions.” (Unknown) Today is Teachers’ Day. I was fortunate to have had good teachers at every level of my education. I can name them. Can you name yours? Did you know…Gene Simmons of Kiss taught 6th grade …Alexander Graham Bell taught deaf mutes …Kris Kristofferson taught English at West Point …Sting taught soccer at a convent? T.G.I.T.D! ;-) Jack

FROM HONEST JOHN: I come from a family of teachers....mother, two aunts, uncle, both sisters and wife....and I even taught at Augie while I was in sem....the teaching profession is an honorable one and an important one...God bless them all////FROM JACK: Your Uncle Carl was one of my "best" high school teachers.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: Didn't know about Sting but that sounds like fun! I'd love to see the nuns...I'm sure they loved it. Believe it or not, I am a Gene Simmons fan. I don't care for his music but I like him. I had a lot of teachers but I can't remember all of them. You are to be commended! A big thanks to all those Sunday school teachers out there too!////FROM JACK: Thanks for reminding me of the great S.S. teachers I had...from the first to the last. I am still in e-mail contact with some of the kids I taught in Sunday School.

FROM DS FROM MICHIGAN: Smiles to you from a former teacher. ;o) I did have some great teachers along the way.////FROM JACK: I notice that the "teacher" in you comes out as you lead the meetings that I attend.

FROM PLAIN FOLKS CHESTER: The wisest teacher I had, who left the most lasting lesson was Miss Johnson. She taught me the proper way to write left-handed...didn't try to switch me. ////FROM JACK: I hopes he appreciates your left-handed compliment...if she's still living.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL: Yes, teachers are very special. It seems that today the profession has many more challenges than in the 50',s or 40's or 30's. Our experience in raising five children in Tampa is that students are able to get a good education if they have dedicated teachers, whether in public, private, or Catholic schools. There are many more challenges in the culture and values in our country today.////FROM JACK: There are so many things that have to come together to make a good learning experience....students, parents, school & home environment, curriculum, peers and THE teacher.

No comments: