Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Winning Words 3/2/10
My occupational therapist was a Muslim. For therapy, he had me stand and “preach” to the therapists and their patients about Winning Words and things positive, “Never take someone for granted, because you might wake up some day and realize that you’ve lost a diamond while you were too busy collecting stones.” (Islamic Quote) Look for a diamond today. ;-) Jack

FROM GUSTIE MN: That is a very true quote! FROM JACK: I'm reading between the lines.

FROM MT IN PENNSYLVANIA: I just used this advice on a phone call with a new business partner! FROM JACK: Diamonds are there, if we stop and look for them

FROM PRJS IN MICHIGAN: You really are the Norman Vincent Peale of Oakland County!!! FROM JACK: Someone asked what I preached about. Here's my answer:
The words I used were based on these quotes:
No act of kindness is ever wasted (Aesop). You therapists, helping us here at the rehab center are showing kindness, and we will not forget it. We, who are receiving kind treatmnet, are being inspired to go and show it tothers. Aesop was a story teller fables, who would attach a moral to his story etc.Since you cannot do doo to all, you are to pay special attention to those who, by the accidents or time, or place, or circumstances, are brought into closer connection with you. (Augustine of Hippo) I said comething about Augustine. I also referred to the fact that it is by accident that we are each brought together in this place. There are many such "accidents" that change our lives etc.Tell me and I forget. Show me and I rmember. In volve me and I understand. (Chinese Proverb) That's what therapy is all about....not just telling...not just showing...but involving. That's the way it is with all of life.etc. After about six minutes, I sat down. It was a short sermon....and no offering, either.

FROM L IN ILLINOIS: Your rehab not only fixed your knee, it inspired new international WWs. Cool.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is an interesting Winning Words. For some reason, it's recalling to my mind the people who were gathering stones to stone St. Stephen and also the adulteror. Don't exactly know why--it does seem to be a very truthful Winning Words at any rate.
S.H. in MI