Monday, June 30, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 6/30/08
“Talk low, talk slow, and don’t talk too much.”
(John Wayne) Here’s more of what Duke had to say. “Life’s tough; it’s tougher if you’re stupid.” And I like: “Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.” To show that sometimes he talked too much: “Women have the right to work anywhere they want, as long as they have dinner ready when you get home.” ;-) Jack


FROM J.L. IN MI: Ah, could John Wayne say anything bad? ;-) I'm sure he was doing the old tongue and cheek with the last statement. He has a lot of good things to say, and I always like him. He's cowboy movies are some of my favorites. And how many times have I said just a few too many words and wished I would have eaten them!

FROM MOLINER C.F.: John Wayne was a legend in his own mind.

FROM B.S. NEAR ORLANDO: I am not showing this one to Irene, she doesn't like J.W.to begin with.

FOM BETTE DAVIS: There are new words now that excuse everybody. Give me the good old days of heroes and villains. the people you can bravo or hiss. There was a truth to them that all the slick credulity of today cannot touch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the Winning Words again this morning, Pastor Freed. Also enjoyed reading John Wayne's biography. He was divorced twice and married three times. Now I wonder if, in his whole life, he changed any of his ideas. Somewhere in this house here, I've got books on how differently men and women express themselves--never understood it much myself. John Wayne and men are enigmas but still they are lovable even if they don't talk too much.
Sharon