Thursday, June 19, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 6/19/08
“Keep your prioritizing simple. Do not put more than three must-do’s on your to-do list each day.”
(Efficiency Tips from Marlowe and Associates, Inc) I heard Anita Marlowe speak once, and she does have some good tips. My son follows the three must-do suggestion, and says that it works for him. How do you keep your priorities in order? A friend of mine begins each day by singing, “This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” ;-) Jack


FROM S.M. IN MI: Does putting things on the “to do” list count as one of the 3 “to-do” things to do?

FROM MOLINER, G.S.: 3 is about right. When I was almost bankrupt in '92 I asked the Lord for me to just do 1 thing each day - that was all I could handle.
FROM JACK: I like the song: One day at a time, Sweet Jesus.
It could be: One thing at a time, Sweet Jesus.

FROM MOLINER C.F.: In that case; getting up (1), ablution (2) and breakfast (3) complete the list. What do I do after that?

FROM D.S. IN MI: This I will try. Need to do something. Thanks. I do too many things – not finishing most of them.

FROM L.P. IN MI: I am going to try this bit of advice. My to-do lists always get so unwieldy. BTW: One question though, ... how many 'to-do' lists do I get? The work list, school list, home list, ... Ha ha! I suppose if I get one 'must-do' done on each of the three per day I'll be doing well.

FROM F.M. IN WI: When one is over 80 - to accomplish two 'must do' items in a day is being very 'successful'!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Three is a good number. I've just prioritized and will see how it goes today.
Sharon

Anonymous said...

I had put that first priority as working this morning at the Farm. But at 7:15 the head of that project called to say he wasn't going to be there and that none of us others need to be there to work either today. That 7:15 call was not too long after I had prioritized but I realize I had already done ablution so I'm still doing three important things today. I appreciate that word "ablution". It reminds me of that guy that wrote that big thick book about some guy in England or Ireland, somewhere over there, who did an ablution when hardly anyone was daring to write about such things. I remember it happens near the beginning of the book. It's a classic and later on during the day I'll probably remember the title and author.
Peace,
Sharon

Anonymous said...

My prioritizing is getting all whacky the more the day goes on. The author was Joyce, the book is Ulysses (spelling?). But then I looked up ablution and discovered what it really means and then at the 6th definition it got worse "in the Roman Catholic Church, a small quantity of wine and water which is used to wash the chalice and the priest's fingers after the Communion, and which then, as containing portions of the consecreated elements, is drunk by the priest. The moral of the story is learn my vocabulary and I hadn't even set out to have that be one of my priorities.