Thursday, April 03, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 4/3/08
“Expect problems and eat them for breakfast.”
(Alfred Montapert) One of my friends begins each day by quoting the verse: “This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” Today, I’m going to quote that verse and turn over to the Lord whatever problems I have….and eat a bowl of oatmeal. ;-) Jack


FROM PR J.S. IN MICHIGAN: Every time I turn a problem over to the Lord, He says "Now get off your butt and go do something about it."

FROM GOOD DEBT JON IN OHIO: As you get older often you can find high-fiber problems to chew on.
The Old Fashion Oats are the best, with a bit of honey no milk, maybe a bit of real butter.

FROM S.S. IN MICHIGAN: Thanks. I needed these words today.

FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: What would life be without problems??? Boring, I'm sure, but it would be nice to try it for a few days! :-) Have my oatmeal everyday! Cheers!

FROM G.G. IN INDY: I already had my oatmeal.....next I'll go about the business of rejoicing!

FROM S.G. IN MICHIGAN: Good morning! It's a beautiful blue sky day. I am teaching today.

FROM N.E. IN S.H.: I read this right after my son sent me a text message telling me he got a speeding ticket last night for 19 mph over the limit! I'm choking on breakfast!

FROM PR J.D. IN MINNESOTA: JACK, YOU MUST NOT SLEEP VERY WELL SINCE YOUR WINNING WORDS ARE SENT EARLY IN THE AM. OATMEAL IS GREAT AND KIDS TODAY WOULD BE A LOT HEALTHIER IF THEY WOULD EAT A BOWL OF DELICIOUS OATMEAL INSTEAD OF THE SUGARED STUFF THAT IS MARKETED. I ALSO EAT SHREDDED WHEAT AND IN FACT JUST FINISHED A BOWL WITH SOME FRESH STRAWBERRIES. YUM, YUM.

FROM S.A. IN VEGAS: Oatmeal...mmmmmmm. Do you use brown sugar or white sugar? My wife has a rule; brown oatmeal gets brown sugar, white cream of wheat gets white sugar. (She's a behaviorist) FROM JACK: Quick with brown sugar, raisins and 2%.

FROM J.T. IN MICHIGAN: I should have had the oatmeal instead of a bagel! I just wanted you to know I will miss being with you and Mary tonight. I hope you have a wonderful evening and look forward to hearing about it.

FROM B.S. NEAR ORLANDO: YOu can sing "How great thou art" as you turn over your problems to the Good Lord. Now the delicious oatmeal is another problem, it's called "gout". Oatmeal in some quantities can exacerbate gout in some people. Really a lot of fun, it's like walking on broken glass. How lucky you are ole buddy.

FROM CJL IN OHIO: Good Plan!

FROM D.P. IN MINNESOTA: Well, every day of the week I have oatmeal, but today I had to clean out my fridge, and I had scrambled egg beaters and ww toast. YUK! I'm looking forward to tomorrowwhen I can have my usual oatmeal with walnuts and craisins, plus a smoothie and HOT coffee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a very curious Winnings Words but the more I think about they, they are apt. If one believes that we grow from the problems that come to us each day and we should not attempt to discard them, they might, according to God's Plan for our lives, be exactly the problems best suited for our mind/body/souls, then to ingest them, especially at the beginning of the day when we start our conscious workday seems to be practical advice for our body/mind/soul.
Sharon