Thursday, February 08, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 2/8/07
“A pound of pluck is worth a ton of luck.”
(James A. Garfield) I guess the word, pluck, was used commonly in Garfield’s day. I like it. It means: doughtiness, gameness, intrepidity, mettle and spunk. Do you remember when Mr. Grant said to Mary Richards: “You’ve got spunk. I like spunk?” Try to use pluck or spunk in a sentence today. ;-) Jack


FROM J.S. IN MICHIGAN: We have renamed our Saturday program for kids,
"Saturday Spunk". My suggestion. :)


FROM P.O. IN DETROIT: "Sisu"!

FROM J.T. IN MICHIGAN: I think that along with eleven other people I had spunk when we showed up for 8:30 am water aerobics last Monday. It was great! Unfortunately my eldest daughter that we were totally irresponsible for going out in the cold weather. I wonder how she'll see it when she's in her 70's and 80's.

FROM F.M. IN BAMA: OK - it is going to take spunk and pluck for me to go for a stroll through the Bon Secour Bird sanctuary today - but it is a day that shouldn't[to be wasted, sitting at a computer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The chicken you pluck is out of luck!