Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Jack’s Winning Words 3/13/18
“When you inhale you are taking the strength from God.  When you exhale it represents the service you are giving to the world.”  (Yoga saying)  I’ve read that the average person takes 8,409,600 breaths each year.  One breath was our first, and one will be our last.  Psalm 39:4.5:  “Lord, let me know how fleeting I am.  All mankind is but a breath.”  Stop for a bit and be conscious of your breathing.  Stop for a bit and be conscious of God in your life.    ;-)  Jack

FROM PEPPERMINY MARY:  Namaste====JACK:  Did Ruthie teach you that?====MARY: We kind of learned that together. I took my first yoga class in 1974ish. Ruthie and Genie just took it much further in their certifications. Now I’m along for the ride! ====JACK:  Ommmmm!

FROM SUES:  Thank you, a great way to start the day!====JACK:  Another great way...by singing, "Roll out of bed in the morning with a great big smile and a good, good morning.  Get up with a grin; there's a new day a-tumbling in."

FROM LBP:  I enjoy yoga. I should try to get into it again. I’ve been trying a meditation app called “calm.” It has one simple feature that just paces the breath. I’ve heard that daily meditation can change pathways in our brain slowing down our quick-stress anxiety reactions. It seems that prayer can be meditative too. Perhaps I need to work on that practice too.====JACK:  Is there a kind of yoga that you can practice while driving a car.  You have to be careful with meditation CDs.  They might put you to sleep.====LBP:  Alas, no car yoga. No meditation exercises either. Just NPR and other podcasts.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  How fleeting we are in this life!  One breath will keep us here or let us begin eternity.  I watched a Christian video yesterday.  This man brought in extremely long rope.  He pulled and pulled the rope into a large room.  He then showed a tiny part of the rope which was colored red.  He said, “This is how long your life is on earth and this (the rest of the long rope) is eternity.  Why are you so consumed with this part (the red part of the rope)?  Very interesting sermon!  Just one breath!!====JACK:  I suppose there's no need to breathe in heaven.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  I have never thought of it like that!====JACK:  There are lots of things and thoughts to wonder about

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  You can't help growing older, but you don't have to grow OLD! Hoping to stay; "Young at Heart" until my last breath, keeping hopeful, loving, curious, and with a sense of humor!! My daughter is a Master Yoga teacher, and would appreciate this saying!.====JACK:  Do you remember the song by The Police?..."Every breath you take  Every move you make
Every bond you break  Every step you take  I'll be watching you."

FROM BB IN CHGO:  Jack, I truly love this one.  We laid to rest a 63 year old coworker over the weekend who died of brain cancer – similar to that affecting Senator McCain.  Your words are a comfort and an inspiration.====JACK:  Isn't it interesting...with a child, a first breath and a cry...with a dying person, a last breath and a sigh (but not always).

FROM SHALOM JAN:  Amen.  With the death of my mother last Monday at age 103+six days, that last breath has become more profound.  None of us knows when that will be.====JACK:  Sorry, to hear about your mom, but there comes a time.  As my mom was dying at age 102, and orderly went over and opened a window in the room to allow her spirit to take its leave and be with God.  ====JAN:  What a beautiful memory!

FROM GDJ IN WI:  Thanks Jack. Good stuff.====JACK:   Hey!  It must be that Holy Spirit at work again.

FROM DR J IN OHIO:  I think about my inhalation and exhalations all the time… it is indeed a yoga thing… I’ve never heard it this way though and I like it better… typically we think of good in, bad stuff out…but service out is WAY better… oxygen in.. via gift of life from GOD gives us energy for the service out!====JACK:  When I was your age the only yoga I knew was the Yankee's catcher, Yogi Berra.

No comments: