Tuesday, February 06, 2018

Jack’s Winning Words 2/6/18
“I’m always sorry when pleasant things end.  Something still pleasanter may come after, but you never can be sure.”  (L.M. Montgomery)  Last Friday I watched the movie, Groundhog Day, for the umpteenth time.  Bill Murray lives the same day over and over and over again.  In some ways it’s tragic, but finally, that day ends, and it turns out to be perfect.  “Give time, time” and, the so-called bad things in life can turn out to be good.  Miracles do happen.    ;-)  Jack

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  Yes they do!====JACK:  Usually we think of miracles as "out of the ordinary" events...but there are common things that happen each days that are miraculous in their own way--like breathing, like having people around to help us in our day to day living, etc.

FROM JK IN CA:  Thanks! I needed that!====JACK:  Seen or not seen, the presence of God surrounds us...and that includes you.

FROM SHALOM JAN:  You are so positive-thinking, Jack.  I admire you for that and I'm working at reviewing the joy in my life rather than the downers.  Thanks.====JACK:  Life is a challenge.  Even faith is sometimes a challenge.  "I believe; help my unbelief," said the distraught father to Jesus.  That's a sign of optimism.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  For some reason this made me think of Eugene O'Neill's play LAZARUS LAUGHED!  He pictures Lazarus' life after being raised from the dead, and much to the consternation of the pious and solemn religious leaders, he can't stop laughing, and his laughing (over what might have seemed a life challenge before) was contagious. The audience just had to join him in laughing! :-) The final enemy has been  defeated, what's not to laugh about? You got the message: Laughter is our soul's JOY song! So love one another, and enjoy the pleasant times, for sure, but "they'll know we are Christians by our Laughter", too!====JACK:  In the Bible it says that "Sarah laughed."  You would, too.  You might even faint.

FROM ANNE McC:  I believe in miracles.  See them daily.  Last Sunday, I text my kids (Packer fans) that I believe in miracles and was cheering for Eagles.  Only some believe in miracles.  O,ye  of little faith.  You know the ending!  Hope you are well.  Peace and prayers.====JACK:  Do you think that God ever watches football games?  Maybe He's too busy doing other stuff, like..."His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me."

No comments: