Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 11/22/17
“Lord, as we bow our heads to pray,  We celebrate Thanksgiving Day.
Help us have the right attitude,  As we turn to you in gratitude.
Thank you for our festive mood;  Thank you, Lord, for this good food;
Thanks for blessings great and small;  Thank you, thank you for it all.”  Amen
(Thanksgiving Table Prayer by Joanna Fuchs)

FROM CPA BM:  Have a nice Thanksgiving.  We’ll remember Mary.====JACK:  We have much to be thankful for.  Mary's life is at the top of the list this year.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Very good prayer.  Hope you have a blessed Happy Thanksgiving.  Remember all the good Thanksgiving’s with your family and your wife.  I’m sure there were a lot of great memories.  “Think on those things!”  God bless!====JACK:  It's one of the great holidays of the year...in fact, every day ought to be a thanks-giving day.

FROM CS AND AL:  HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!====JACK:  I'm giving you thanks for that.

FROM PR IN CA:  Beautiful.  Happy Thanksgiving.  Hugs====JACK:  A hug is always welcomed.

FROM GUSTIE MARLYS:  Both sound good.  I am purposely not talking about how lonesome it is.   God Bless!  Thanks Jack.  I may print that and use it tomorrow.  I am going to Carol’s—bringing the turkey, stuffing, and pumpkin pie.  Where are you going? ====JACK:  A festive mood and good food are certainly better than a bad mood and bad food.  I'll be at daughter Beth's for the turkey dinner and the Lions/Vikings football game.

FROM LK IN OHIO:  Happy Thanksgiving, Jack.

FROM KF:  Thank you for jump-starting our prayers for Thanksgiving dinner : )   We hope you have an enjoyable celebration with friends and family!!====JACK:  I don't know what customs families have with regard to praying (or not praying) before a family meal.  But the "pastor" in me kicks in when I sit down at the computer to send out a Thanksgiving message.

FROM HAWKEYE GEORGE:  Thanx, Jack.  This will be in today's Champions Bible Study.  Have a Blessed Thanksgiving.  We will be having Tx Giving with 2 of our 3 kids and families. ====JACK:  Thanks for the good work that you and your friends do with the CBS.

FROM TARMART REV:  Must admit . . . T D, my favorite holiday for genuine celebration . . . C D, rather tired and ready for the N Y to begin.====JACK:  I had Thanksgiving dinner at my daughter, Beth's house.  The food tasted musty...."I musty have seconds!====REV:  "Two pieces of pumpkin pie with whip cream myself . . . a musty had to have Thanksgiving desert!!====JACK:  I thought that you were on a diet.====REV:  Father! I have sinned again!!====JESUS:  Go, and sin no more!

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  This is a great T.Giving prayer...copied it for next year. Enjoyed our Chicago gathering on Thursday. Had a great feast of food and lots of fun and games.... ====JACK:  One of our grandsons used the prayer this year...and his father gave some reflections on being thankful.  My guess is that more table prayers are offered on Thanksgiving Day than at any other day in the year.

No comments: