Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 8/1/17
“Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.”  (Dalai Lama)  Years ago, Kukla, Fran and Ollie were TV friends of mine.  I’ve always liked puppets, especially, Ollie.  I also understand that he wasn’t real, because someone was manipulating him.  When we allow others to manipulate us, we let them take away our reality.  God has given each of us freedom to be ourselves, not to be puppets.  It’s an awesome gift…and responsibility.  Use it well!    ;-)  Jack

FROM LS:  You like puppets?  Well I have a destination in Detroit for you.  PuppetArt Museum and Theater at  25 east grand river, Detroit.  Wonderful history and show and ask about the activity of making a puppet of your own after the show. The people that own and run it have a fascinating history of their own.  They are joyfully entertaining.  The experience is uplifting...... and Ollie ( the original puppet) may even be in this museum.====JACK:  Thanks for the heads up.  Detroit is a complex city, with so many interesting places to visit...like the Polish Yacht Club, located far from any body of water.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  This reminds me of an adage I read: "Don't put the keys to your happiness in someone else's pocket." As Kerry Washington (actress) recently said. "You and you alone are the only person who can live the life that writes the story you were meant to tell." And we all have a story, and faith, to share! Good to remember these words, during this chaotic government situation,  As the Bible says, "And It Came To Pass..."  !!!===JACK:  I've always like the phrase: "And it came to pass," reminding up that we live in a transitory world.  Things come, and they go, the good and bad.  I like the old Gospel song, "This world is not my home, I'm just-a passin' through." 

FROM HONEST JOHN:  I love puppets.   My sister Jean and I had a great time with them when we were kids.   Then my daughter and I had a puppet show every morning during breakfast.====JACK:  Did you ever use puppets to go along with the stories you wrote for children?====JOHN:  Yes.   I wrote a series of puppet "plays" that we put on fir the children's stories at POG.   The kids seemed to love them.   They were based on puppets that Heather and I had....around biblical themes.   I had fun with them.   Mary Lou was the chief puppeteer...I told the stories.    She was great at it. 

FROM DM IN LIV:  So grateful to you for Winning Words, every single day.====JACK:  It gives me inner peace to write and send out Winning Words...but I also like to be in touch with a wide variety of friends...such as you.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  We had peer pressure and bullying.  Manipulating is an adult way to bully.  It's not just adults though because kids manipulate too now that I think about it.  Because I saw my nephew and niece "manipulate my sister in the store, I vowed I wouldn't let that happen to be when I had kids.  When we went to the store I had a rule:  if you ask you don't get but it you don't ask, you may get a special treat.  It really worked for us.  Sometimes they got something.   Sometimes they didn't.  Manipulation is a terrible thing.====JACK:  I don't see anything in the wedding vows about manipulating.  However, there is talk about loving one another as Christ loves us.

FROM AW IN ILLINOIS:  thanks, Jack. I needed this one.====JACK:  Just like with sermons... Some come at the right time for certain people.  




No comments: