Thursday, August 03, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 8/3/17
“To different minds the same world is a hell and a heaven.”  (J.B. Priestley)  Is the glass half-empty, or is it half-full?  In reality, it’s a glass with water in it.  It’s the same with the world.  It is  what it is.  Shakespeare said that nothing is good or bad, but thinking makes it so.  “This is my Father’s world,” goes the song.   When God is in your life’s picture, it can be heaven.  Leaving God out creates a kind of hell.  So, the choice is up to you and me.  Which shall it be?    ;-)  Jack

FROM TRIHARDER:  I like to add the variable of "half full/empty of lemons? Or lemonade? " ====JACK:  That's a good thought.  Make sure it's sweetened lemonade.

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  for the undecided, it could be purgatory:):)====JACK:  I thought that you didn't believe in that Catholic stuff!

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  This world is full of evil.  We get to a point in life where we are facing a wall of pain so terrible we think we can ever survive it!  Gary and I had days, weeks and even months where we thought we could not survive.  But!  God gave us strength to get through it...by baby steps through the moments.  Life is full of sorrows and pain. But we have Heaven waiting for us and an eternity without pain from a loving welcoming place in Heaven!====JACK:  Do you know this song?
"My God and I will go for aye together,
We'll walk and talk just as good friends do;
This earth will pass, and with it common trifles,
But God and I will go unendingly.
This earth will pass, and with it common trifles,
But God and I will go unendingly.
====JUDY:  Yes.  We sang it in choir.  It was one of my and the choirs favorite song to sing! ====JACK:  Some purists have called it "too syrupy!"  I like syrup sometimes, but not every day.
====JUDY:  It a comfort song to me.  I sing it sometimes.  But it is definitely syrupy.  There are some songs that can make me cry and some that make me want to dance!    My family loved to dance.  We had huge parties with 40 or 50 people down our basement or my grandparent's basement.  Most of the people were kids.  We all loved to dance, especially the polka!  We'd fly around the basement!  What fun we had! "Roll out the barrel!!"====JUDY:  You probably have room at your new place to invite family and friends to "roll out the barrel" again.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  I hadn't thought of the song, "My God and I" for ages, until I read the blog today. A good one to keep in mind! The quote from Shakespeare is also so relevant when it comes to our living, and judging of Black, White, or Gray??! "Love One Another, as I have Loved you" might be a good place to start!====JACK:  To love as God has loved is easier said than done.  Have you heard the story..."In the Bible it says to love your neighbor, but have you ever met my neighbor?"

No comments: