Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 8/29/17
“Master told me one day…Keep your head to the sky.”  (Maurice White)  This song was included in a recent concert by the group, Earth, Wind and Fire (have you heard of them?).  It’s a song of inspiration, about not giving up during the dark times.  It was first performed in the ‘70s, but it has relevance today.  In fact, it has relevance whenever things don’t seem to be going “right.”  God promised to Job (and to us)…”You will be safe, because there is hope.”    ;-)  Jack

FROM DMF IN MN:  I like the Earth, Wind and Fire quote.====JACK:  Thanks to YouTube, I can enjoy the words and the music.

FROM SHALOM JAN:  Words that are apt as Hurricane Harvey "sits" over Texas, with rain expected to equal 3.5 times the volume of water in the daily output of the Mississippi River. ====JACK:  I wonder if the people in Noah's day were looking into the sky and wondering. Why?  Noah also saw in the sky, a rainbow, a symbol of hope.  ...and, I also wonder what the "rainbow" will be at the end of Harvey's rain?

FROM HONEST JOHN:  I think we need t keep our heads up to the sky ....and our feet firmly planted on the earth.====JACK:  Some philosophers, theologians and pastors spend so much time with the esoteric that they lose touch with reality.  At the Transfiguration Jesus reminded the disciples that their "call" was to go from the mountaintop to where the people were.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  They were a group from my time.  I saw them at the Windsor Ballroom at one of my Proms.  Loved the song.====JACK:  I didn't know that they were that old.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Yes, I know that group, my younger two kids had some of  their music. We could certainly use inspiration in these troubled times! The golf course today was pretty soggy, cart path only (!),  but nothing like my Lutheran pastor niece is going through in La Grange, TX, and I shot my lowest score to date, so bring on the rain. HA! My  niece's husband works at the Golf Course ,there, but of course it is closed as the rain continues to fall, and fall, and fall!  It sure seems like America has had more nature catastrophes than I ever remember in bygone days!! We'll continue  to keep our heads to the sky....====JACK:  Do you remember this song?
Into each life some rain must fall  But too much is falling in mine
Into each heart some tears must fall  But some day the sun will shine
Some folks can lose the blues in their hearts  But when I think of you another shower starts
Into each life some rain must fall  But too much is falling in mine

No comments: