Thursday, June 08, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 6/8/17
“New day, new hopes, new life!”  (Lailah Gifty Akita)  Lailah is an inspirational writer from Ghana whose basic message is: “Think well of yourself and try to act positively.”  She has a passion for getting this message across to young people.  But, older people can use the message, too.  A doctor recently told me, “You’ll never ever be as young as you are right now.”  So, in that sense, we’re all whippersnappers.  (Do you know what a whippersnapper is?)    ;-)  Jack

FROM TARMART REV:  Learning more of this while drafting and redrafting and redrafting again my resume and collecting "positives benefits and blessings" of being a chaplain.====JACK:  Here's a verse from the hymn, "Search me, O God, and know my heart today..."
Lord, take my life, and make it wholly Thine;  Fill my poor heart with Thy great love divine;
Take all my will, my passion, self and pride;  I now surrender, Lord, in me abide.

FROM CPA BOB:  I don't know what a whippersnapper is.  I could go to Google, of course, but I would rather hear the answer from you.====JACK:  As I recall...In the horse and buggy days, young boys would "show off" by snapping the whip really loud to scare the horse and make him go faster.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  A young person who knows what is going on and intends to enjoy life.  Enjoy each day.====JACK:  Do you know anyone like that?

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  The words today have a "joyous" sound, and enthusiastic verve! My kind of gal! In Ghana it is probably needed more than here in the USA, but it truly  reflects a great way to arise in the morning! I'm putting it on my fridge!  (At 87 I need all the help I can get, though I am usually a very positive person!)  Thanks for the lift...====JACK:  You are proof that there is such a thing as an 87-yr-old whippersnapper.

No comments: