Friday, June 16, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 6/16/17
“One’s first book, kiss, home run, is always the best.”  (Clifton Fadiman)  Today’s quote is one that causes us to try and remember…pause.,,Oh, that was good!  Maybe the first isn’t always the best, but we generally do remember the best times in our life.  “Those were the days!”  And,  maybe “the best” is to be in the future.  Who knows?  My wife and I received a cutting board as a wedding gift.  On it was written, “Grow old along with me.  The best is yet to be.”    ;-)  Jack

FROM TRIHARDER:  I was just talking about my/our "first kiss" with my beautiful girl friend last night. Very coincidental, Jack.====JACK:  Your response is the first received today, and, so far, it's the best.====TH:  It took me a second. :-)====JACK:  I thought you'd like it.====TH:  Wasn't the first time.

FROM TARMART REV:  Happy Father's Day, Jack!!====JACK:  Where's the necktie?

FROM VOLUNTEER JB:  Your choices are always good, but today is special for Louise and me.
Today is our anniversary and there has been many special "firsts" in the past 50 years.====JACK:  50 years ago on June 16...The Monterey Pop Festival began, featuring Jimi Hendrix, Otis Redding, Janis Joplin and The Who.  It was Hippie time.  The Vietnam War was raging.  There was rioting in Detroit.  And your wedding took place.  Wow!

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  First kisses are usually pretty chaste...think they probably improve with experience! :-)  Lots of good and sometimes funny stories about "first dates"...I remember my first date with Bill was on a Sunday night (because I had plans for both Friday and Saturday, but did want to go out with him!) to see the movie "They Were Expendable" a war story about Eddie Rickenbacher!  The first thing he did when we went out for a bite, after the show, was pull out pictures of his two little nieces and talk about them. I thought, "He'd make a great father!" :-)  They were flower girls at our wedding 8 months later!====JACK:  Which twin had the first date, or was it a double date?====OAKS:  No double date this time...but way back when we turned 15, and were allowed to go on a date, we both had dates, and went to a school dance! :-) Big Whoopie! Or so we thought at the time. Bob Hosier was my date, and he brought me a rose corsage and a box of Chocolates, as it was our 15th bday, too! 

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  i think that quote is from Rabbi Ben Ezra...====JACK:  The quote, "Grow old along with me...", is by Robert Browning from the poem, Rabbi Ben Ezra....I think!

FROM HAWKEYE GEORGE:  It wasn't the first kiss that was memorable.====JACK:  Maybe the most memorable (and best) was the last.====GEORGE:  Every day with my wife.====JACK:  Does she ever read the blog?

No comments: