Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 6/13/17
“There’s an old saying in business:  You’re the average of the five people you spend the most time with.”  (Peter Diamandis)  Think about it…What people have influenced you the most?  A family member?  A friend?  Someone at work?  A teacher?  A TV commentator?  Jesus?  Who are your five?  Author Robert Rohm says that they’re the ones who believe in us the most.  Now that’s something to contemplate.  We are more than we seem to be.    ;-)  Jack

FROM HONEST JOHN:  Geneticists say you are what your DNA is.    Environment plays a role but genes are determinative.    I think that is accurate.=====JACK:  I think that it sounds better to say that I was influenced by some person, rather than by some gene pool.  BTW, is there room for the spirit in the pool?====JOHN:  It sounds better but it appears to be an "alternate fact".    One would imagine that the Spirit's power is not limited by any combination  of DNA.   I like the words "power of the Holy Spirit" in the Creed.====JACK:  That's one of the reasons why "Holy Spirit" was chosen as the name of our West Bloomfield congregation.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  My children, my husband, Philip Yancy, C.S. Lewis, my best friend, Sarah Reed, Mrs Honeywell (pastor's wives) to name just a few; I must be the average of way more than five!!  Interesting idea to contemplate... In recent years, I'd add your name!====JACK:  The truth is....we are continually being influenced by people....And, don't forget: We are influencing people, too.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Wow, that's an interesting thought!  And probably very true.  I'd like to think those around me believe in me.  I will be pondering that thought for awhile.  It's a true blessing! ====JACK:  Think of those Sunday School teacher days.

FROM VW MARY:  I have to tell you that a quote you sent(date unknown) by John Wesley  –Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, etc.,--came up in Bible Study today.  See,  Winning Words do have an impact and can go on forever….====JACK:  I went back and tried to find that Wesley Winning Words.  No success...yet.

FROM INDY GENIE:  Food for thought.====JACK: And, you don't have to worry about overeating, either.



No comments: