Thursday, July 28, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 7/28/16
“Adopt the pace of nature.  Her secret is patience.”  (Ralph Waldo Emerson)  I’ve read that it takes a Chinese Bamboo tree 5 years to grow.  For 4 years, nothing seems to be happening.  In the 5th year it breaks out and can grow to 80’ in 6 weeks.  People sometimes give up on a diet, because it doesn’t seem to be working fast enough.  We live in a quick-fix society.  Without the struggle in the cocoon, the caterpillar wouldn’t become a butterfly.  Be patient today!    ;-)  Jack

FROM MAR-LYN:  Your message today was perfect with this sore knee and therapy. Am doing well all things considered. Thanks for the prayers.====JACK:   Been there; done that!  It's amazing how our miracle body can adjust to fake parts, given a proper amount of time.  I know that it's an old story, but I like the one about the person who prayed to God:  "Lord, give me patience, and give it right now!"

FROM C&E:  We are leaving Tuesday for Mayo Clinic.  I will let you know how it goes.  Take care! ====JACK:  Be not dismayed what-e’er betide,    God will take care of you!
Beneath His wings of love abide,    God will take care of you!
God will take care of you,  Through every day o’er all the way;
He will take care of you;    God will take care of you!

FROM SJP:  What a thought for contemplation! It is so much God's plan! And there is evidence all around us. My shrimp plant seemed never to bloom again! Now there are five buds slowly coming into bloom. From infancy (seedling) to maturity followed by decline God's Bell Curve of His creations.====JACK:  I read of a lily that grows in the Himalayas.  It's just a green clump, but after 5 to 7 years, it sprouts up to about 10' tall and has beautiful trumpet-shaped flowers.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Love those words!  I thought Patience would be a nice name for a girl but named our daughter Kimberly Dawn.  I'm not sure why but probably for the same reason I was named Judith Ann instead of Judy.  My mom thought I might turn out to be a Judith instead of Judy.  Little did she know sometimes I would be Judith Ann!, sometimes Judy, sometimes Judy Ann, or Judy in Disguise, Judsey, Judybeans or Outhouse Jud!  But in fact, one of my virtues is Patience! ====JACK:  Have you ever heard of the singing sisters, Patience and Prudence?  They're famous for the hit song, "Tonight You Belong to Me."  You can hear it on YouTube.

1 comment:

SJP said...

What a thought for contemplation! It is so much God's plan! And there is evidence all around us. My shrimp plant seemed never to bloom again! Now there are five buds slowly coming into bloom. From infancy (seedling) to maturity followed by decline God's Bell Curve of His creations.