Thursday, June 20, 2013

Winning Words 6/20/13
“Never regret.  If it’s good, it’s wonderful.  If it’s bad, it’s experience.”  (Victoria Holt)  Victoria was an English writer of romance novels.  Her quote could probably apply to some situations in her fiction.  It could also relate to some everyday life experiences.  You can find romance and the pits in relationships, if that’s what you’re looking for.  The “key” is to realize that life has ups and downs.  So, live a little, and learn a lot.    ;-)  Jack

 FROM WALMART REV:  I was reading Hebrews 11 the other day and noticed that those living sheltered lives never made the "Hall of Faith" examples...everyone of them that lived for a length of time here on earth definitely had their "ups and downs"!====JACK:  Some things never seem to change, but we keep hoping that they will.

FROM RI IN BOSTON:  Everyday life does have its ups and downs.  It's to keep us mentally alert.  The longer we live, the more we learn.  I don't think we ever graduate from the School of Hard Knocks. ====JACK:  In the UK it's referred to as The University of Life.  I seem to remember that the early Greek philosophers taught their students out in the open, in parks and on the streets.  Perhaps that was the first teaching of "Street Smarts."

 FROM SAINT JAMES:  Good one...I still read your WWs each day.====JACK:  I read them each day, too.  Some days, it's wonderful; some days, it's an experience.

 FROM IKE AT THE MIC:  It has also been said: Good judgment comes from experience..experience comes from bad judgment.====JACK:  "Wonderful" response!

 FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  It's easy to not regret but it's much harder not to forget.  I used to read her novels when I was young.  She was or even still is, a good write.  She writes under a lot of names which I used to know but can't remember....much to my regret.====JACK:  Victoria said, "Never regret."  Easier said than done.  But like Frankie sang: "Regrets?  I've had a few."

No comments: