Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Winning Words 5/1/13
“Mayday Mayday Mayday”  (Frederick Mockford)  Frenchman F.M. “invented” the Mayday distress call, because it sounded like (venez) m’aider, French for “Come, help me.”  There’s an app for “Where to look in the Bible when you need help.  “I’m scared, or discouraged, or stressed.”  One of the suggestions is Psalm 50:15, “Call on me in the day of trouble, and I will deliver you.”  Or these: Psalm 23 & Matthew 8:26.    ;-)  Jack

 FROM WALMART REV:  (Chorus) COME HOLY SPIRIT I need Thee, Come sweet Spirit I pray, Come in Thy strength and Thy Power, Come in Thine own special way.
(v) Come, as a wisdom to children, Come, as new sight to the blind, Come, Lord, as strength to my weakness; Take me: soul, body and mind.
(v) Come, as a rest to the weary, Come as a balm for the sore, Come, as a dew to my dryness: Fill me with joy, evermore,
(v) Come, like a spring in the desert, Come, to the withered of soul; O, let Your sweet healing power, Touch me, and make me whole.
====JACK:  I guess this is a spiritual response to "Come, help me."====REV:  Mine anyways! Always guilty of "over-spiritualizing"!?====JACK:  You are who you are.

 FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Reminds me of when we would be playing games in the road ...remember when we were able to do so?  We would yell C-A-R, C-A-R when a car would be spotted coming down the street.  Everyone would run off the road and into the ditch.  That was before pavement and you never knew if you would get a "soaker" or not.  I use the www.bblegateway.com to look up passages in the Bible.  I do like to look up certain passages from the Bible when I need comfort.  Thank you God for giving us Your actual Word to help us, comfort us and assure us of Your great love!====JACK:  Just like with many sports shots (hockey, baseball, golf, tennis), it's the follow through that counts.

 FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  On May Day in Moline we used to go out to the woods to pick flowers and then would put them in baskets on the front doors.  That was fun and it made a lot of neighbors happy.  Do you remember doing that?  Maybe it was a girl  thing.====JACK:  Yep, I think that it was a girl thing....My wife remembers doing it and enjoying it.

 FROM KH IN MICHIGAN:  Lori would like that—and be impressed that I knew it—what is the proper name /designer of the app?====JACK:  My app is Google..."Where to look in the Bible when---."

 FROM AW IN ILLINOIS:  I also like "Cast your cares upon Him  for  He cares for you."====JACK:  The Covenant Church where my wife's grandparents attended had that verse printed on the front wall of the church, so that worshipers could focus on it every Sunday

No comments: