Friday, February 22, 2013

Winning Words 2/22/13
“If you want something done right, you have to live in the past.”  (B E K)  Have you ever wished for “do-overs” in life?  Most of us can look back and see how we could have made better decisions.  But, we don’t live in the past.  However, we can learn from the past.  A teacher once wrote on a child’s lesson sheet, “You can do better!”  Monday’s WWs quote said that each day is a new opportunity     ;-)  Jack

 FROM WALMART REV:  An old joke once said that Liberace's mother had a heart attack when someone told him to take his piano and go back to where he started from!////JACK:  Only Geezers remember Liberace.

 FROM SHARIN' SHARON:  I wish I had "got the Bible" when I was in my 20's, not my 40's. But thankfully better late than never. But now I'm in such consternation that a lot of 20's and 30's that I know seem to be having some sort of questions too and wonder and hope that, in their 40's, they will be in church too. Difficult as my faith journey has been, still trying to figure out all that can be learned from it and especially hoping to do better so am a servant helping God to build His Kingdom and not drive people away. ////JACK:  Each generation seems to have its own set of problems and opportunities.  Without the passage of time, we don't know if this is good or bad.  Looking back on my own life journey, I'll vote for the good.

 FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Interesting thought.  Most things we attempt in "older" ages have nothing to do with the mistakes we made or the "things" we face today.  There are different types of decisions we face now than we did in the past.  We still make mistakes but not necessarily the sometimes life-changing mistakes we made when we didn't know better.////JACK: Most of the right/wrong decisions we make depend on the value system that we've developed.

 FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  Always do your best, and God will do the rest.////JACK:  I have a friend who is not very happy with the present.  The past was better, in his mind, and he longs for the future...the ultimate one.  BTW, the word, luddite, applies to him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had "got the Bible" when I was in my 20's, not my 40's. But thankfully better late than never. But now I'm in such consternation that a lot of 20's and 30's that I know seem to be having some sort of questions too and wonder and hope that, in their 40's, they will be in church too. Difficult as my faith journey has been, still trying to figure out all that can be learned from it and especially hoping to do better so am a servant helping God to build His Kingdom and not drive people away.
S.H. in MI