Monday, May 07, 2012

Winning Words 5/7/12
“Visualization works if you work hard. That’s the thing. You can’t just visualize and go eat a sandwich.” (Jim Carrey) I admire people who are imagineers…artists, composers, inventors, chess players. Can you “see” what’s going to happen this week? How can you control it? I read an article on how to visualize and get what you desire. +Start small. +Don’t give up. +…and “don’t go eat a sandwich.” ;-) Jack
Click this link www.jackswinningwords.blogspot.com to see my blog

FROM SHARIN' SHARON: Visualization works if you work hard. I must write that our parents, having had their war-time weddings of being married by ministers in their parsonages were stressed out by the idea of a church wedding for Jerry and me and, at one time, proposed to us a strong idea that we should simply elope. Our visualization of a church wedding (which we paid for mostly by ourselves anyway) saved the day and after all was said and done, was much appreciated by the both sides of the family. It was small and simple--but in church.////FROM JACK: I can't remember of ever performing a wedding in the parsonage, but I can recall times when the visualization didn't match the reality.

FROM IKE AT THE MIC: I disagree..I think you can enjoy eating a sandwich which is not hard work & if it's a good sandwich possibly even visualize more creatively..////FROM JACK: Put down your BLT; this isn't about eating a sandwich.

FROM CL IN SANTA BARBARA: Here's another way: read Bob Goff's new book, "Love Does."////FROM JACK: After I eat my donut, I'm going to look up Bob and his book.
You're up early today.////MORE FROM CL IN SB: Donuts aren't good for you :) Met Bob for breakfast in SD last week. Really a remarkable guy. Check out bobgoff.com.////JACK AGAIN: 2nd donut gone. I see that Bob has an interest in young people. I belong to Optimist International, a service club that has as its slogan: Friend of Youth. Most of our activities are oriented toward helping youth. Perhaps you've heard of the Optimists. You can Google them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another great WW. My nephew and his fiancee are planning their wedding, June 2 date. Dawn just put an entry on Facebook--there are some big disappointments with the family. When Jerry and I were getting ready for our wedding, we also had a big explosion at one time. Things still worked out and, fortunately, because I have this memory, I could e-mail Dawn and tell her to forge ahead with what she and Chad know in their hearts will most strengthen their marriage forever. Visualization works if you work hard and I'm glad I could console and offer encoragement for them and will certainly enjoy being at their wedding!!!

Anonymous said...

Actually I must write that our parents, having had their war-time weddings of being married by ministers in their parsonages were stressed out by the idea of a church wedding and, at one time, proposed to us a strong idea that we should simply elope. Our visualization of a church wedding (which we paid for mostly by ourselves anyway) saved the day and after all was said and done, was much appreciated by the both sides of the family.
It was small and simple--but in church.
S.H. in MI