Thursday, May 03, 2012

Winning Words 5/3/12
“Seek home for rest, for home is best.” (Thomas Tusser) “borta är bra men hemma är bäst.” These words were on the wall of my college library. Good words for kids new to the college experience. “Away is good, but home is best.” Or, as Dorothy is quoted as saying, “There’s no place like home.” Luther Vandross sings: “A house is not a home when there’s no one there to hold you tight.” Home is best!. ;-) Jack

FROM PEPPERMINT MARY: there's no place like it!////FROM JACK: I remember the proverb: Home is where the heart is.////MORE FROM PEPPERMINT: the four bitchin' babes have a beautiful song called "home is where the heart is",(no matter how the heart lives). i think christine lavin wrote it. you should give it a listen. i think you will like it. once again, ww's has given my my theme song for the day!////FROM JACK: It looks like CL did write the song. I tried to find the lyrics, but was unsuccessful. It seems that Peter, Paul and Mary also recorded the song.

FROM SHARIN' SHARON: My 3 year old little Godson knows this already. By the time I've babysat for him all afternoon and he has been busy entertaining me constantly all afternoon, when it's time for his Mom to come get him, he'll usually be all ready with his backpack and lunch bag. Don't get me wrong, we both enjoy his visits but he is most at home at home and with his Mom. Your WW today are so true. I'm thankful my Godson has such a loving home.////FROM JACK: Your God-send is lucky enough to have two homes.

FROM BLAZING OAKS: You'd get no argument from my kids! They were all determined to "go away" to school, but all suffered home sickness trauma their first semester in college, tho not for long. No matter how fascinating the trip, or how celebratory the occasion away, it is SO good to return to the comfort of "home"! Good WW!////FROM JACK: College and homesickness didn't affect me. I lived at home during all four years. Of course, I missed out on the excitement of dorm living.

FROM PLAIN FOLKS CHESTER: Home run!////FROM JACK: I wonder why home plate is called, "home plate," and also called the "dish?" Shouldn't it be called 4th base?

FROM DM IN MICHIGAN: All right then quoting the late great Luther Vandross.////FROM JACK: I wondered if anyone would pick up on Luther...and you did!

FROM CA IN MICHIGAN: A perfect message for me. I just returned from a trip and I FEEL the need to be home and rest. Thank you for keeping me on your list.////FROM JACK: There are a couple of meanings for "You're on my list!," and this is one of the good ones. I don't think that I'm on your Christmas Card List, however.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: As much as we like to travel this beautiful country we are always so glad to be home. It's true, home is best.

FROM ME TRAVELING IN HOLLAND: Nice. We are on a bike trip through Holland w friends. Made a nice toast.////FROM JACK: When I was growing up we sometimes had Holland rusks as a treat. Do they count as toast?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My 3 year old little Godson knows this already. By the time I've babysat for him all afternoon and he has been busy entertaining me constantly all afternoon, when it's time for his Mom to come get him, he'll usually be all ready with his backpack and lunch bag. Don't get me wrong, we both enjoy his visits but he is most at home at home and with his Mom. Your WW today are so true. I'm thankful my Godson has such a loving home.
S.H. in MI