Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Winning Words 9/7/11
“Almost everything falls away in the face of death.” (Steve Jobs) Jobs seems to see the face of death in his mirror. “Pride and fear of failure and of being embarrassed” no longer matter to him. Eventually the realization comes to everyone…there is an end. What are the important things, after all? I admire Steve Jobs for iPods, iPads, iPhones, but I admire him, most of all, for his courage at this time. ;-) Jack

FROM JS IN MICHIGAN: Steve Jobs creates jobs....Rick Perry creates dissension and grief////FROM JACK: And God created death. Death comes, in spite of our agendas. iStuff and politics cannot overcome it. In the end, God is the judge.

FROM GOD DEBT JON: It does bring clarity. All pretense is gone. No more I'll do that someday. Recently I spent April to June with a close friend of 44 years, he died June 10th. Facing death we say and do things without reservation, perhaps we should all live like we were dying...////FROM JACK: You had the "privilege" of being at the bedside of a dying friend. An experience like that can cause one to prioritize life. Isn't it interesting...we are both living and dying at the same time?

FROM MOLINER MRH: Couldn't help but think of the quote from Julius Caesar (from sophomore English at MHS) "Cowards die many times before their deaths
The valiant never taste of death but once.
Of all the wonders I yet have heard it seems to me most strange that men should fear, seeing that death, a necessary end,Will come when it will come."
Thanks for all your inspiring ww. ////FROM JACK: Thank YOU, for your words. You are one who didn't waste your time in high school English. The Shakespeare quote ties in perfectly with the words of Jobs. I'm going to print it out and put it by my computer.

SENT BY TS IN MICHIGAN: “Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful, that’s what matters to me.” –Steve Jobs////FROM JACK:
One of my favorites along the same line...."Did you ever see a hearse pulling a U-Haul?" I wonder if Jobs' illnesses have caused him to think this way? BTW, isn't it interesting that Steve Jobs' name is similar to that of the biblical, Job?

FROM BLAZING OAKS: In spite of his exceptional creative talent, Jobs has to face that great leveler, Death. The last enemy to be overcome, as the good book tells us. Who said, "Live each day as though it were your last...one day it will be." ? Good thought to remember, and equally hard to comprehend. (Our own demise.) Hopefully, as Christians, we cannot only show others how to live, but also how to die with faith. Good WW. ////FROM JACK: It seems to me that, from his words SJ is doing exactly that. If we were in the same boat, we'd probably think the same way.

FROM ILLINOIS LIZ: What a cool guy Steve Jobs is...////FROM JACK: You're right! His inventions are not the only "cool' thing about him. It's good for "the rest of us" to know that it doesn't take inventive skills to know how to come to the end of life.

FROM HAWKEYE GEORGE: Right now my wife's on the operating table. Timely.////FROM JACK: God goes into operating rooms, too...so he is right there beside your wife.

FROM SA IN VEGAS: I admire you, Jack. Every day, employing Mr. Jobs contribution, in one way or the other, and we get to discuss WW, usually as we prepare dinner. Either way, we get fed.////FROM JACK: Food for Thought, is another way of looking at WWs. I first look for quotes that cause me to think, and then try to use those that I believe will cause others to think...The Steve Jobs' quote is an example of this.

FROM WATERFORD ANNE: Amen.////FROM JACK: "Amen" is usually the last word at a funeral service.

FROM PEPPERMINT MARY: Our own or someone dear to us.////FROM JACK: To understand SJ's quote, I think you have to walk in his moccasins...NO, live in his skin.////MORE FROM PM: Not sure I agree. Those who go before us give us a glimpse of what is to come. Just my opinion while walking with my loved ones in their final journey.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL: He was a multi-tasker long before his time, and a wonderful user of his talents. ////FROM JACK: We all have time...talents...opportunities, and, eventually the sand runs out of life's hour-glass for everyone.

FROM BF: I'm keeping this one!////FROM JACK: Don't forget where you put it, because you and I are going to need it sooner or later.




No comments: