Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Winning Words 9/21/11
“Don’t worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.” (Sent by Eunice) A little girl had to stay home from school because of a sore throat. Before her brother left for kindergarten, he stopped by her bed and said, with seriousness, “Don’t worry, God will pull you through.” Is it possible to recapture a faith like that? In these days when so many things disturb us…Remember, God will pull us through. ;-) Jack

FROM HS IN MICHIGAN: Interesting. Your message, I believe, is to pay attention to the here and now, the present, today. This is certainly a difficult concept for me but one I need to consider more greatly. The point is, I suppose, to at least appreciate and enjoy the present instead of being concerned with what's next. Yes. Yes.
////FROM JACK: Some things are so early said and so difficult to put into action.

FROM BD IN MICHIGAN: My body shop Asst love's your winning words the few morning I read them to him. He would love to be put on your list for Winning Words.////FROM JACK: That's the second new add for today. The list keeps growing toward 500. The list of possible good quotes keeps growing, too. I can hardly wait to use them.

FROM A MAN NAMED JAMES: God is all we have, especially in these days and times...////FROM JACK: I like the word, ultimately....Because, ultimately, it all up to G-d.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: How very true. We can accomplish nothing ever by worrying. I truly don't believe there is anything stronger than a child's faith. I'm sure it's possible to recapture strong faith but as we age we are bombarded with too much "everyday life" which seems to jade us. God is faithful when we aren't and that's the best news yet. He will pull us through. (FYI: Our 2 year old granddaughter took a bad fall in our driveway yesterday. She broke her thumb and took off the whole part of her finger including her nail. They did some surgery yesterday to keep the thumb together and she will be going to a pediatric hand surgeon today. Please add her to you prayer list. The injury was gruesome. She fell while running (even as Grandma was telling he to slow down) and landed on her thumb first...it took the brunt of the fall on the cement. She completely scraped off the front of her thumb.) God is good and she will be fine.////FROM JACK: I hear the little kindergarten boy saying, "Don't worry. God will pull you through."

FROM TAMPA SHIRL: Some days are definitely harder than others. Thy will be done is easier said than accepted.////FROM JACK: I am comforted by how that petition continues....."on earth as it is in heaven."

FROM PLAIN FOLKS CHESTER: Have faith today and tomorrow will take care of itself.////FROM JACK: Matthew 6:34.

FROM BLAZING OAKS: We have to keep reminding ourselves not to worry and fret...It's the nature of the beast to try to look ahead, and be anxious about "the morrow" . My daughter Sarah is visiting this week, and she actually taught this old dog the trick of texting on my phone! (slow but sure, but I did it!) Just passed 15 Meals on Wheels this morning, and some of the folks are younger than I am. Makes me very thankful to be "out and about"!////FROM JACK: Texting? I'm still trying to learn how to get the "Green Acres" CDs to play on the TV.

FROM RADIO IKE: One of my favorite non-religious version about worrying is: "Worrying about tomorrow 's problems will do nothing about solving them,but it sure will mess up your today"..
////FROM JACK: I like this one: "Worry is like rocking in a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere."









No comments: