Thursday, September 01, 2011

Winning Words 9/1/11
“That’s the thing about needs. Sometimes, when you get them met, you don’t need them anymore.” (Michael Patrick King) Our needs change with the times and with the circumstances of life. My needs are basically found on a Prayer List that I keep. As I review it, I see that material things have given way to the names of people. I like that part of the Lord’s Prayer: “Thy will be done…as in heaven.” ;-) Jack.


FROM LIZ IN ILLINOIS: Just wanted to compliment you on several of your recent Winning Words... I am finding them particularly timely and encouraging. Thanks for the inspiration!////FROM JACK: Thanks. I like to believe that the Holy Spirit sometimes guides the mind and the fingers.


FROM JAMES IN MICHIGAN: When I pray, I don't ask for specific things...simply that His will be done and I can have the strength to handle it.////FROM JACK: I agree. But, as a follow up, I look on prayer as a conversation with God. When good friends get together, the conversation is usually more than---"Whatever you say, is OK with me." However, I get the point that you are making.

FROM PLAIN FOLKS CHESTER: I think need is ofttimes confused with want.////FROM JACK: In the quote, substitute "wants" for "needs" and you get a totally different idea.


FROM SH IN MICHIGAN: My mantra prayer too "Thy will be done on earth as in heaven." That need encompasses every other need I can ever even begin to think of. Hope to eventually meet everyone up there whom I have struggled with between their needs and my needs down here. Thinking about God's will before myself, but His Good Will only helps myself might be the beginning of being able to think of another person's needs before my own needs. Best wishes for a good day.////FROM JACK: A mother once told me how hard it was to pray, "Thy will be done," as she stood beside her son's casket.


FROM JS IN MICHIGAN: I hope I am on your "Peoples List".////FROM JACK: You are, now.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My mantra prayer too "Thy will be done on earth as in heaven." That need encompasses every other need I can ever even begin to think of. Hope to eventually meet everyone up there whom I have struggled with between their needs and my needs down here. Thinking about God's will before myself, but His Good Will only helps myself might be the beginning of being able to think of another person's needs before my own needs. Best wishes for a good day.
S.H. in MI