Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Winning Words 6/15/10
“Never underestimate the power of a kind word or deed.” (H Jackson Brown) I got a surprise gift last week. A friend of mine, JK from Minnesota, was at a church book sale and bought a book she thought I would like…Life’s Little Instruction Book. There are many gems in it, like the one I used today. Talk about the power of a kind deed. I think I’ll use a few other gems this week. ;-) Jack

FROM SL IN MICHIGAN: You are a kind word each day for me. My husband and I often say to one another "wasn't WW great today"? Each day you challenge us to think about our actions and challenge us to be better! That is indeed a kindness in each day that I look forward to. FROM JACK: Another of Brown's quotes: "Be kinder than necessary." Thanks for your kindness today.

FROM SH IN MICHIGAN: "How can we choose love when we have experienced so little of it? We choose love by taking small steps of love every time there is an opportunity. A smile, a handshake, a word of encouragement, a phone call, a card, an embrace, a kind greeting, a gesture of support, a moment of attention, a helping hand, a present, a financial contribution, a visit ... all these are little steps toward love." These words of Henri Nouwen also tie in with your Winning Words today. but I think the widest kind deed has to do with the sermon I heard last Sunday. When we are hurt by something, even something that to someone "on the outside" would seem very trivial but to us who are "on the inside" whatever the act was, it felt like it was destroying and limiting the confidence of the soul, the message was "do not seek revenge but seek instead to love, with the help of God, the one who did that. That forgiveness kindness seems to go farther than we could even surmise. I know I've often been the recipient and it's been unforgettable. Thanks for setting me thinking once again this morning. FROM JACK: Sometimes it's the little act of kindness that makes the big difference.

FROM MOLINER CF: A kind word is rewarding for both parties. FROM JACK: Including The Tea Party?

No comments: