Friday, March 05, 2010

Winning Words 3/5/10
A therapist talked about interesting words during our sessions. She was Puerto Rican. We discussed the word, saunter, as we sauntered down the hallway with my walker. Onomatopoeia was another word that came up as we sauntered. “I don’t exaggerate. I just remember big.” (Chi Chi Rodriguez) Chi Chi and I have something in common, and it’s not how we play golf. ;-) Jack

FROM SG IN TAMPA: Chi Chi has built a golf course and club where he gives lessons to children in Clearwater- their parents' income is not a factor, as it is written in the papers. I passed the course for the first time a couple of weeks ago on McMullen-Booth Road. How wonderful that is to introduce the sport to youngsters regardless of economic means.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, Pastor Freed, I hope whenever I get to a rehab place, my memory is still good and retains your take on your being there. I never knew the rehab places could be so fascinating but now I know to just look for it and enjoy all the people, not just having muscles, balance, etc., etc., rehabbed. But you know, though, you are as interesting as all those people you are telling us about because you definitely have the gift of making the most highest of every experience handed to you. We're all going to be looking forward to going to the rehab place. God willing we live long enough to have our operations.
Thanks!!!!!
S.H. in MI