Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Winning Words 3/23/10
“The road to success is always under construction.” (Arnold Palmer) Those of us who have played golf know that there’s always room for improvement. That’s the way it is with life, too. When we travel, we complain about those orange construction barrels, but smooth roads are the result of ongoing repairs. So it is with living. ;-) Jack

FROM NL IN FLORIDA: I tell that to all my clients.

FROM RI IN BOSTON: Today's quote and your follow-up are "right on". I think every one of us requires a little character maintenance from time to time...maybe spiritual maintenance too. FROM JACK: I always tried to craft my Sunday sermons to help with the spiritual maintenance.

FROM PRJM IN MICHIGAN: My words exactly about disliking the road construction time but wanting and enjoying the smooth pavement that results. Since I'll be dodging orange barrels the rest of the year between my home in Pontiac and St. Andrew, and also, occasionally, going to I-696 this Spring, I need to keep that "road under construction" sentiment in my head. Thanks! FROM JACK: In so much of life, we like to have the results...but not always that which makes them happen.

FROM MOLINER CF: I don't mind the inconvenience of a road under construction as long as it is going in the right direction. FROM JACK: I wonder if someone is trying to invent a GPS for life?

FROM SH IN MICHIGAN: Always appreciate your Winning Words and especially yours today as I was just complaining last night, and even though there were some mighty fine things going on even with the potholes and all the hope that was in the situation. FROM JACK: If I were still preaching, a sermon topic comes to mind. DEALING WITH THE POTHOLES OF LIFE.

FROM SG IN TAMPA: There are certainly ups and downs in life, but it definitely helps if you know where you are going. FROM JACK: Follow the Yellow Brick Road....to the land of OZ.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: This good quote is very important to each of us... especially as we handle our rehabs. Hope you are doing well and getting better and better each day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Always appreciate your Winning Words and especially yours today as I was just complaining last night, and even though there were some mighty fine things going on even with the potholes and all the hope that was in the situation.
Thanks!!!
S.H. in MI