Monday, March 01, 2010

Winning Words 3/1/10
The rehab nurses and therapists that I worked with came from various backgrounds. My physical therapist was from Austria. This week’s WWs are proverbs from their homes.
“Imitate the way of the sundial. Count only the pleasant days.” (Austrian Proverb) I’m thankful that the pleasant days outnumber the others. God is good! ;-) Jack

FROM PRJM IN MICHIGAN: You picked a nice, sunny day to send out this one -- very appropriate! This has been a very pleasant day for me and I hope so for you, as well. FROM JACK: The people I meet usually are like rays of sunshine to me.

FROM PRJS IN MICHIGAN: Out of curiousity...how does a sundial count the days? FROM JACK: I'll have to reflect on that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, is this a trick one--meaning when the sun is out and you can see it on the sundial is the only way you can figure out if time has passed and you can count? Otherwise, if the sundial is in the house and away from the sun, then time just stands still and you can't count the pleasant days? Why can't you count the unpleasant days on the sundial?
Technially challenged in Southfield,
S.H., MI