Thursday, November 12, 2009

Winning Words 11/12/09
“Everything you want is just outside your comfort zone.” (Terry Slattery) These words were spoken at a sales meeting, but they’re good for all of us. Doubt, fear and negative thoughts can keep us from venturing out to achieve what we really want. Everything we want is waiting for us. A saying is staring at me now from beside my computer: “Get Tough…Get Off Your Duff.” ;-) Jack

FROM LG IN MICHIGAN: Love this one, Jack!! If nothing changes, nothing changes...... I just read another good one from a friend this morning who just received a diagnosis of cancer...she said she started running again, and is really watching her blood sugar carefully now--all things she should have been doing anyway. She asked why it took something like a cancer diagnosis to get her off her duff to do the self-care, but then said she's a firm believer in the philosophy of "it takes what it takes." I thought you might like that one, too! FROM JACK: "If nothing changes, nothing changes." I like it!

FROM RI IN BOSTON: Your WW begs the question...Is everything we want what we really need? It brings to mind that wise and cautious advice...Be careful what you want because you'll get it. FROM JACK: Be wise and cautious is good advice, but if we didn't want something, we wouldn't strive for betterment. MORE FROM RI: We also wouldn't maintain a bustling national economy, and the jobs that go with it.

FROM SH IN MICHIGAN: These Winning Words are so true!!!! Thanks!!! I just forwarded them to all the fellow
Bible study students. Especially in Bible study we all want to be able to share our unique authentic selves and often, in doing that, need to go just outside our comfort zones but isn't true community what we all really want? And isn't that what the world is afraid of, there is such power in true community, but isn't that also what the world really needs? FROM JACK: "What the world needs now is love sweet love, It*s the only thing that there*s just too little of. What the world needs now is love sweet love, no not just for some but for everyone."

FROM MS IN LAOS: I'm in Laos and really far outside my comfort zone!

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: One of the most profound messages you have ever sent. FROM JACK: Another saying that is staring at me is one that you sent: Ancora Imparo....I am still learning. Profound. MORE FROM GDJ: Yes, I am into profundity and learning induced epiphanies. Hello, “My name is Jon, and I am an epiphany junkie.” AND STILL MORE FROM GDJ: I thought you might like this quote from my Pastors sermon
yesterday: "If you need anything, let us know, and we'll teach you how to live without it." (Monk speaking to a guest).

FROM MOLINER CF: Lofty goals flex our wings. (Fanning) FROM JACK: But don't just beat the air. MORE FROM CF: The point is to get your landing rear off the ground. (Gear has not been misspelled)

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: This is one of my favorites....now if I will just get off my duff!!!! FROM JACK: Some things you have to do for yourself.

FROM LP IN MICHIGAN: Hmmm... FROM JACK: Don't just sit there, humming.

FROM PRJM IN MICHIGAN: Next to my Sylvan Lake secretary's computer on a piece of hemp rope with googly eyes: A day without prayer? I'm a frayed knot! FROM JACK: I have another sign by my computer: Jesus knows me, this I love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These Winning Words are so true!!!! Thanks!!! I just forwarded them to all the fellow Bible study students. Especially in Bible study we all want to be able to share our unique authentic selves and often, in doing that, need to go just outside our comfort zones but isn't true community what we all really want? And isn't that what the world is afraid of, there is such power in true community, but isn't that also what the world really needs? Everyone needs Jesus, the One Who ventured out perfectly and continues to help us too. Your Winning Words came at just the right time.