Friday, February 06, 2009

Winning Words 2/6/09
“Philosophy is common sense with big words.”
(James Madison) Philosophy has its root in the Greek language, and in simple terms, it means, the love of wisdom. WWs is my attempt at trying to philosophize our daily life. Do you have any philosophical thoughts for today? And, K.I.S.S. ;-) Jack

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: I have always explained philosophy as, “What you think about what you know.”

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: No brillant thoughts today but I will ponder the Winning Words! FROM JACK: How about, "If my nose was running money, I'd blow it all on you?"

FROM MOLINER B.G.: My philosophy is the 'GOLDEN RULE"

FROM MOLINER C.F.: I always K.I.S.S. in my responses to WW. That's my philosophy.

FROM SON, DAVID: Do you know what teleology is ? (without looking it up)

FROM M.E. IN SO. CALIF: Life is a self fulfilling prophesy. Be positive. A difficult philosophy to implement in economic context, where the global confidence is so shaken.

FROM CWR IN B'MORE: William Faulkner......"The past isn't dead. It isn't even past."

FROM A.McC. IN MI: And you do a good job!

FROM B.S. NEAR ORLANDO: Early to bed, early to rise, will make a man healthy, wealthy and wise. PEACE,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't bit off more than you can chew.
S.H. in MI
What does K.I.S.S. mean? Keep it simple S?????

Anonymous said...

Socrates, the philosopher, would say, "Know thyself". Jesus, the philosopher, would say something similar with a twist, " Remove the beam from thine own eye before you concern yourself with the splinter in you brother's eye." Both focus on introspection -- seek and ye shall find!