Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Winning Words 2/4/09
“No winter lasts forever. No spring skips its turn.”
(Hal Borland This really isn’t a quote about the weather, is it? It’s about change. We in Michigan often brag about liking the change of seasons, but with this year’s record snowfall and below zero temperatures, most of us are ready for the change to spring. Change is what makes life interesting. I remember a song, And The Beat Goes On. ;-) Jack

FROM MOLINER G.S.: Good comment - I thought about the cold last nite walking in 10 deg weather.

FROM S.G. IN TAMPA: You know, Jack, a lot of the Michiganders come to Florida during the long winter. The snowbirds learn how to cope with change and to make it easier on themselves and to have new experiences here. Through the years we know all about changes, some good, some bad, but we are all still here for a purpose every day, don't you think?

FROM MOLINER C.F.: They say dont change the old for the newBut Ive found out that this will never doWhen you grow old dont last longYoure here today and then tomorrow youre goneI loved a man for many years gone byI thought his love for me would never dieHe made some changes that would never doFrom now on Im going to make some changes tooFor theres a change in the weatherTheres a change in the seaSo from now on therell be in change in meMy walk will be different, my talk and my nameNothin about me is going to be the sameIm goin to change my wayof livinIf that aint enoughThen Ill change the way that I strut my stuffcause nobody wants you when youre old and grayTherell be some changes made todayTherell be some changes made FROM JACK: Yes, I remember that song

FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: I remember a book, The Winter of Our Discontent. But as you probably know it's genesis is a quote from Shakespeare, "And now comes the winter of our discontent..." indicating that the time for unhappiness was over...it was time to look to the future. This year my own book would be The Discontent of Our Winter. JACK'S REPLY: I like what Shakespeare had to say.

FROM G.M. IN MI: n the past when we have a cold winter we get a hot summer. Bring on the robins and the fresh smell of spring

FROM SNOWBIRD F.M.: I understand that you are having a tough winter . . . . but you don't have to share it with us down here on the Gulf. We had 28 degrees this morning! Thankfully we'll experience change quickly - it is to be 70 by Saturday!

No comments: