Friday, August 29, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 8/29/08
“Your head is not only for putting your hat on.”
(Ukranian Proverb) I have a friend who is from the Ukraine, and she says that they have many interesting sayings. Perhaps there are some special proverbs from your background, too. I particularly like the one that is being used today. If you don’t get it, use your head. ;-) Jack


FROM MOLINER C.F.: Famous proverb from Northwestern School of Drama. What is that on the road? A head?

FROM J.L. IN MI: I've been using my head a lot lately and it's starting to hurt! I don't think I can get another thing in there and sometimes I need too. I will try harder!

FROM GOOD DEBT JON IN OH: My friend, Buck Bennett, used to say: "You've got a point, but a hat will cover it."

FROM JJN IN MI: "If you don't use your head, you have to use your feet." My mother said this to me often as a child when I forgot to do something or pick up something and had to walk back to do the forgotten task. Retracing steps or using extra steps is nothing to a child, but it's more difficult when the mileage of many years adds up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This has been an unpredictable week politically. I've had to keep changing my thinking with my head.
Sharon