Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 8/20/08
“We don’t know a millionth of one percent about anything.”
(Thomas Edison) I just finished reading a book that explores this idea…”Finding God In The Questions” by Dr. Tim Johnson. Today’s quote can apply to the universe, the earth, people and G-d. Don’t let anyone intimidate you by their right-eouness. ;-) Jack


FROM PR J.S. IN MI: The most important question in the world is "Does God love us?" The answer to that one makes all the difference in everything that we do. We DO KNOW the answer to that one. MORE: I am assuming from that answer that you don't think we "know" anything. In that case the very word becomes superfluous and should never have been used by the speaker in the first place nor should it have been quoted by our illustrious WW mailer.

FROM INDY G.G.: good advice, i won't.

FROM J.L. IN MI: I once read when Thomas Edison viewed salt through the microscope and saw all of the sharp edges, he never would eat it again. I remember thinking, there are somethings we just shouldn't know. Silly of me perhaps, but it has been true in my life sometimes. The only one who intimidates me with righteousness is myself. I am surprised at my self-righteousness every once in awhile. It's humbling when I realize I'm falling into that trap.

FROM D.P. IN WI OR MI: I always knew I wasn't very smart, so this message is very encouraging to me, and gives me an inkling {about a millionth of one percent or much less] of God's unfathomablepower!

FROM MOLINER C.F.: Don't know that I have ever been intimidated. Awestruck a few times, though. MORE:
Actually I was once. At Marine Corps Boot Camp. Eighteen years old, first time away from mommy and here are these two apes shouting at you from dawn to dusk. Good experience and I never forgot it. which was thier goal.

FROM MOLINER G.S.: sort of like, "As I get older, the more I know about less and less."


FROM F.M. IN WI: We lost a dear friend last Saturday too - a former neighbor who was what our Lord meant when we spoke of a good neighbor.

FROM A & O McC IN MI: Ain't that the truth! We read so much but how few of us read anything about God, their church!

No comments: