Friday, August 01, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 8/1/08
“Keep you face to the sunshine and you will not see the shadows.”
(Helen Keller) I can’t imagine what it was like to live as Helen Keller lived; but this quote helps me to understand a little bit. Of course, you and I know that there are several forms of sunshine and shadows. Here’s a little chorus I remember singing when I was child. So let the sunshine in. Face it with a grin. Smilers never lose and frowners never win. So let the sunshine in. Face it with a grin. Open up you heart and let the sunshine in. ;-) Jack


FROM P.O. IN MI: Omigosh --- I sang that one too!

FROM A.J. IN MI: That song was always one of my favorites. I needed a lift this morning. Now I remember to "let the sunshine in"

FROM M.L. IN IL: grab your coat and get your hat, leave your worries by the doorstep.
just direct your feet, (and life can be so sweet on), to the sunny side of the street.


FROM PR J.S. IN MI: Makes you think that probably she could "sense" the sunshine with her three other senses and perhaps also, even tho blind, sense it with her eyes.....that there was not complete darkness when she faced the sunshine. I knew a blind man who once told me that he never could see God clearly until he went blind....

FROM J.T. IN MI: I think you should have called and sung "Let the sun shine in." It brings back good memories, doesn't it.

FROM G.G. IN INDY: one of my favorites!

FROM J.L. IN MI: Sunshine and shadows! I prefer to live in the sonshine, think sonshine, and walk in sonshine...if you don, the shadows fall away. My grandmother, Mildred Katherine Sorenson, taught me that song when I was very little. I think it was the first song I actually memorized. I still sing it and today I pray it will stay with me all day! Another wonderful quote from Helen which I have cross-stitched and hung in our bedroom.... "The most beautiful things in the world are not seen or touched, they are felt with the heart."

FROM E.A. IN MI: I am going to try and let the sunshine of your face and personality shine on me when I get to the meeting next week. I will probably still be limping but "ce lavie"

FROM MOLINER C.F.: "You are my Sunshine."

FROM NFC IN IL: I remember being with Aunt Ruth (who was blind) one day in their house on 26th Av Moline. I was wiping dishes, and she told me to wipe only one at a time, because if you stacked two or three to wipe them, you'd chip the edges. I thought some magic had made her able to see how I was wiping the dishes. Then she said, "The sun just came out." Wow! Then she explained she could feel the warmth on her arms and hands. Just using the sense-s God gave us increases our awareness of the world around us. She was one smart cookie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great quote. If a person closes his/her eyes, you can feel sunshine and shadows like when you're in the garden working and you can suddenly feel the sun has gone behind a cloud without even looking up. What a great quote.
Sharon